Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2002 10:55:37 AM EDT
I just got back from WSI here in Western Washington, after putting one hundred rounds of CCI Blazer, and twenty rounds of Federal 230 grain Hydra-Shock through my new G36.

What a neat little pistol!

The recoil is pretty stiff (I wouldn't want to spend all day firing in a training class with this pistol), but it is extremely manageable. I was able to fire controlled double-taps quite quickly. The pistol doesn't twist in my hand during recoil like my 1911 does.

It's accuracy was outstanding. From a modified weaver stance, I was getting 4-in. groups at 50 feet. Which is great, especially since I have not been practicing my pistol shooting much lately.

I could not be happier with this pistol.

Cheers,
Chris
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good . I stiil havent got to shoot
my new 27 yet

O well glad ypu had fun.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Even though the recoil was stiff, it was straight back. My 1911 kind of twists a bit which is annoying. I had no trouble controlling the G36 after I got used to how it moves.

I think I might use it to shoot WSI's plate match this Thursday for the first time. It may be humbling, but hopefully it will be fun.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top