Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2017 4:47:58 PM EDT
I saw the FNX-45 Tacticals go on sale via GunPrime last night for 979, with the Vortex Venom mail in offer from FNH, I figured now is the time to buy.

A few questions:
1. Has anyone purchased an FN this fall (since october) and taken advantage of their vortex mail in offer? If so, how long did the optic take to ship?

2.  Break in: Any tips or tricks to a break in procedure (if it even needs one) for the gun or the mags to prevent any issues that could arise?

3.  Any problems or common issues I should look out for?

I hopefully will have the gun in my hands by wednesday, but it might be delayed until after thanksgiving depending on how gunprime opted ship it (or rather when it was picked up today by UPS).

Edit: Picked up my FN today

(no my finger isn't on the trigger, nor is it loaded, and it is pointed in a safe direction lol)
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Good price.

I purchased a black one on 10/29 for $1049. I submitted the rebate form on 11/6, but have not received the Vortex Venom yet. I ordered a Trijicon RMR (700672) for it, but I have not had time to install it yet.

I've been shooting it behind a Dead Air Ghost and haven't encountered any issues. Somewhere I read to load the mags up and leave them loaded for a few days to help prevent some early feeding issues, but I don't have any other details.

I had narrowed my choices down to the the FNX-45 Tactical or the HK USP Tactical as a dedicated host for the Dead Air Ghost. The HK would have been the timeless choice, but I ultimately couldn't overlook the feature set the FNX offered.

Link Posted: 11/21/2017 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I briefly ran a RMR with an Osprey 45, that is until after a few magazines  when the lens was nicely hazed over with soot.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I briefly ran a RMR with an Osprey 45, that is until after a few magazines  when the lens was nicely hazed over with soot.
View Quote
Yeah, I was afraid of that... perhaps I should rethink the red dot.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard about the mag issue. As soon as I got the gun home, I loaded all the mags to let them sit overnight.  Those springs were incredibly stiff.

I know this is a large gun, but anyone running an IWB holster with it? I normally (at least during winter months or when in the field) conceal a Glock 17 without much issue.

Have any of you had issues of any kind with your FNX-45?
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
First Range report:

Ran flawless out of the box.  100 rds of Federal 230gr FMJ, 100 rds of WWB 230gr, 50rds of Aguila 230gr, and a box of Federal HST.

I definitely need to get used to the suppressor height sites and get back into the swing of DA/SA (i've been shoot glocks for far too long), but damn the gun shoots nice.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Why get use to da/sa?  Cocked and locked like a 1911.

Rmr hazing is from your can's blowback.  Seen it on an Octane.  No problem with old school Tirant.  If you use another medium like water, etc.  Expect to get dirty.

It's big to carry ccw.  I've carried a HK 45 tactical, so it's doable, and I'm no grizzly bear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why get use to da/sa?  Cocked and locked like a 1911.

Rmr hazing is from your can's blowback.  Seen it on an Octane.  No problem with old school Tirant.  If you use another medium like water, etc.  Expect to get dirty.

It's big to carry ccw.  I've carried a HK 45 tactical, so it's doable, and I'm no grizzly bear.
View Quote
I should have just rephrased getting used to the trigger. The single action pull just feels quite different from the other platforms I've been shooting recently.  The DA trigger is heavy, but I actually really like how it breaks.

it really doesn't seem much larger than my glock 17 which I conceal. The grip certainly is no larger in my hand.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 6:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I hit the rebate on my FNX and I had the optic in hand in under a month. I have 2 glocks with RMR's on them and I'm not certain I like the vortex honestly. it seems cheap and too big and the field of view isn't as clear, but atleast it was free.
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hit the rebate on my FNX and I had the optic in hand in under a month. I have 2 glocks with RMR's on them and I'm not certain I like the vortex honestly. it seems cheap and too big and the field of view isn't as clear, but atleast it was free.
View Quote
It is certainly a "cheaper" optic than the RMR. I will try it for a little while. If I dont like it, I will put it up on EE and save up for the difference to buy an RMR.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#10]
a little "update".  If you have bought an FN (rifle or FNX) and have submitted your rebate, it is worth calling the company to double check that your claim was properly processed.  The deal expires soon and it turns out my proof of purchase never attached properly (this has been a common problem according to some FN groups on the ZuckerBook).  The company who handles the rebates for FN was extremely responsive and got my problem squared away after a short phone call and now my rebate is back on track.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 11:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
a little "update".  If you have bought an FN (rifle or FNX) and have submitted your rebate, it is worth calling the company to double check that your claim was properly processed.  The deal expires soon and it turns out my proof of purchase never attached properly (this has been a common problem according to some FN groups on the ZuckerBook).  The company who handles the rebates for FN was extremely responsive and got my problem squared away after a short phone call and now my rebate is back on track.
View Quote
Thanks. I will call Monday.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 1:17:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd probably sell the venom and get the RMR, it just feels right on the FNX. You got a great pistol, one of the best around, especially in the full-size combat pistol arena. Luckily this isn't GD or you'd get the 'squishy grip hurr-durr' from the uninformed peanut gallery that have never owned one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 3:41:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I hadn’t heard about the rebate! I picked up a new FNX 45 Tactical in FDE about 6 months ago. Am I too late to the party?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I hadn’t heard about the rebate! I picked up a new FNX 45 Tactical in FDE about 6 months ago. Am I too late to the party?
View Quote
sorry, too late. you had to purchase the FN between october XX (i dont remember the date) and December 15.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I received my Vortex Venom on Friday. For anyone wanting to get in on this free optic deal, I just got an email from GrabAGun to try their GrabAQuote on the black FNX - the email quote came back at $888.34. I think you could sell the Vortex on the EE and be into the FNX for ~$750.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, I just received my Vortex Venom on Friday from the FNX-45 Tactical Promo. I received model VMD-3106 and I could not mount it as it came with a rail mount and not a plate mount for the FNX-45. I contacted Vortex via email, requested the correct mounting plate, and am awaiting reply. I have other Vortex products and their reputation is impecable, so I'm sure they'll make it right. If anyone else gets a n FNX-45 Tactical mounting solution from Vortex, please pass along the word.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#18]
How long is it taking for vortex to deliver the rebate sight?
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yes, I just received my Vortex Venom on Friday from the FNX-45 Tactical Promo. I received model VMD-3106 and I could not mount it as it came with a rail mount and not a plate mount for the FNX-45. I contacted Vortex via email, requested the correct mounting plate, and am awaiting reply. I have other Vortex products and their reputation is impecable, so I'm sure they'll make it right. If anyone else gets a n FNX-45 Tactical mounting solution from Vortex, please pass along the word.
View Quote
You need to use one of the plates and the screws supplied with the pistol
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#20]
my venom arrived today. mounted it up, will try to zero tomorrow or at least very soon
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought my FNX-45 on Dec 23rd and submitted my online rebate the same day, hopefully it doesn't take 6 months to get it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:54:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine shoots great!!  Only issue I had is feeding 200 grain SWC powdercoated

She likes the 230 GR RN version  

ETA: it is a hungry SOB
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Should be picking up my FNX-45 tactical today, ordered on 12/27. I haven't decided yet if I want to sell the Venom and trade up for a Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Took mine out to the range today for the first time, ran around 150 rounds through it.

Only issue I had was when I ran some Hornady Critical Duty I had 1 failure with it, and in addition to the failure it shot like 5 inches low at 7 yards.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I am not able to find the link for the rebate form today. Anyone know where I can get it? I know the deadline for PURCHASE was 12/31, but figured the form would be available for a bit after.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am not able to find the link for the rebate form today. Anyone know where I can get it? I know the deadline for PURCHASE was 12/31, but figured the form would be available for a bit after.
View Quote
Sorry don't have a link to it, but that reminds me that I need to check the status on mine. I tried to check the other day and it couldn't find it.

Found this info...

REDEMPTIONTo claim your item, on or before January 5, 2018, visit WWW.FNAMERICA.COM/PROMO and follow the instructions tosubmit the redemption form. You will be required to submit the following:* Full legal name, shipping address (no PO Boxes), phone number, email address, date of purchase, product number, serial number, and dealer where purchase was made* Picture or copy of receipt (Receipt must show date purchased and the name of the dealer)Alternatively, you can mail us a completed form or letter with the above information and a copy of your receipt to:FN America Free Gear PromotionDept # FN17-3800PO Box 472Scottsdale, AZ 85252-0472

@livefree482 You might have to get in contact with them and see if you can still submit since it is past the 1/5 date.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#27]
My vortex venom arrived last Friday.  I mounted it up and adjusted the dot to align with the sights.  I sighted in today at 50' then headed over to the rifle range.

https://youtu.be/dhWzLzw7CHA
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
The deadline for submission was Jan 5th. You are out of luck
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
IF you have a receipt for purchase of 45T on or prior to 12/31/17..you could try calling the rebate center and see if you can still get in on the deal.  Worth a shot..LOL

1-800-619-4703

Cheers,

Dave
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Anybody that submited their rebates in January got their Venom yet?
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I sent mine in December and I'm still waiting, I called today actually and it sounded like another 2 or 3 weeks.

Rebates are bullshit
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#32]
got mine in like 6 days.  turned my shooting from a decent group to a single ragged hole.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
got mine in like 6 days.  turned my shooting from a decent group to a single ragged hole.
View Quote
Must be nice, I submitted mine the last week of December I think.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Still waiting. I submitted mine through regular mail because the site was taken down before I could submit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Got a letter in the mail last week that they ran out of the Venoms and are instead supposed to be shipping me a Viper, said they won't be shipping until April.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good price.

I purchased a black one on 10/29 for $1049. I submitted the rebate form on 11/6, but have not received the Vortex Venom yet. I ordered a Trijicon RMR (700672) for it, but I have not had time to install it yet.

I've been shooting it behind a Dead Air Ghost and haven't encountered any issues. Somewhere I read to load the mags up and leave them loaded for a few days to help prevent some early feeding issues, but I don't have any other details.

I had narrowed my choices down to the the FNX-45 Tactical or the HK USP Tactical as a dedicated host for the Dead Air Ghost. The HK would have been the timeless choice, but I ultimately couldn't overlook the feature set the FNX offered.

https://s25.postimg.org/y4pi49hb3/C6075_DCC-5_AE9-4466-_AA9_A-_E1_A5_F06_DB7_C4.jpg
View Quote
When I’m doubt get both. I have the usp 45 Tactical and the FNX 45 T. The FNX goes on my night stand because it has higher capacity, night sights and I have a modern brighter light attached. The USP Tactical has adjustable sights that are harder to see in the dark and I have the classic but kind of dim USP light on it. But during the day I prefer the USP. It has a higher cool factor to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2019 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#37]
No on optic.  I just received my Three mags for free.  Came yesterday.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top