Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 7:20:56 PM EDT
Guys,

I've never liked or owned handguns for whatever reason.  I've finally decided that I need a handgun in my collection.  I figured that I probably wouldn't carry concealed very often (ever?) but I'd much more likely try to do some 3 gun matches.  With that in mind I bought a Sig P226 Sport II SL.  Is this a good gun?  It'll be here soon and I'm pretty pumped up to get it.

Kevin

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"Is this a good gun?"  Uh, yeah that's a good one.  You obviously have more money than me!  No go buy a crate of ammo and practice.

I didn't spend as much as you might think (bought it used).  I'm going to invest some serious range time in getting good with it.  What kind of groups do pretty good shooters get with a 9mm handgun at say 15 yards?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
"Is this a good gun?"

LOL, yes, its a damn expensive, damn good, damn accurate gun.  Once you know what you are doing, you will be shooting ragged holes with that at 15 yds.  Spend more money on training and ammo than on the gun next time.  A regular P226 is an outstanding shooter in its own right.  

(Where can I get one like that used?)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.  Gunsamerica.com, gunbroker.com, sigforum.com classifieds, & AR15.com EE handgun forum are all good sources for used Sigs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, this one is a sweet gun but its just a tad too heavy to lug around every day in my day planner.  I'm going with a lighter FN FiveSeven for that use.  This Sig attracted some gawkers at the range though.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a cooler looking handgun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, this one is a sweet gun but its just a tad too heavy to lug around every day in my day planner.  I'm going with a lighter FN FiveSeven for that use.  This Sig attracted some gawkers at the range though.  I'm not sure I've ever seen a cooler looking handgun.

Congrats on the SIG! I would skip the FN, hear it has problems and is not a good choice for carry as reliability is the main concern. Buy another SIG like the 229 or 239 and ammo is much cheeper! Have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top