Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:25 PM EDT
I got a gold plating kit, so I figured I'd experament on this old 1911A1 that I inherited from my grandpa (it's in pretty shabby shape) and see what it turns out like. I need to disassemble (detailed) it so I can nickel plate the slide and gold plate the trigger and other small parts, I may do a gold / nickel duo-tone job.

So what I need is a detailed tutorial on how to totally take down this think.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Look here

http://www.m1911.org/m1911dt.htm

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, but that thing says it is slow to load and warns not to try opening it if you are on slow conexion (I am). Is there something easier?

Naw, it aint "GI", I don't think it's even a "real" 1911 (it ain't a Colt) it's some knock off made by Singer sewing machine company.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, but that thing says it is slow to load and warns not to try opening it if you are on slow conexion (I am). Is there something easier?

Naw, it aint "GI", I don't think it's even a "real" 1911 (it ain't a Colt) it's some knock off made by Singer sewing machine company.

AAAAHhhhhhhhhh.  LOL.  God I hope you're kidding!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You'll never learn anything unless you work on quality guns.
I'll trade you a nice shiny new RIA to work on for that old junker.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn you guys are smart!

I was just fuckin with ya'll.
I wish I had a Singer! All I've got's a mid '90s springfield race gun.

I still need to know how to take it apart.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#7]
All 1911 questions should be directed this way:
1911 Forums
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top