Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:00:11 PM EDT
Thinking of having a pistol done.. Like to see some pics.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:12:24 PM EDT
Go black chrome....that would be sweet
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:46:02 PM EDT
This isn't the best pic but....

It started out as a plain Springfield Armory XD

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:59:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Black chrome does not have the corrosion resistance of hard chrome. It is closer to decorative chrome in strength and corrosion resistance which is not that good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:11:18 PM EDT
Here is my P7 that Ford's milled the slide on (to remove the struck through BMI) and HCed. This pistol is also featured in Ford's photo gallery (linked to above).
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:30:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:34:06 PM EDT
Tripp Research matte finish.
It doesn't get any better than this.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:23:19 PM EDT
Hey edwin907 does Tripp Research after hes done with your gun does he rebuild it then send it back? Plus how long did it take to get it back?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:40:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By basketcase:
Hey edwin907 does Tripp Research after hes done with your gun does he rebuild it then send it back? Plus how long did it take to get it back?

Thanks

Oh yes, it's completely assembled, test fired, and sights zeroed.
I think his turn around is like less than two weeks door to door.
I think he took about three weeks with mine because I also sent him a BHP that I had chromed and some custom work done to it, dings removed, trigger job, chromed barrel, polished flats.
It, also, is unbelievably nice.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:23:16 PM EDT
Wow thats real nice edwin907! Thanks for the info , I might send my P7M8 sometime.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:50:45 PM EDT

My G35 I will be trading for thursday morning.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:14:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By edwin907:

Originally Posted By basketcase:

Thanks

Oh yes, it's completely assembled, test fired, and sights zeroed.
I think his turn around is like less than two weeks door to door.
I think he took about three weeks with mine because I also sent him a BHP that I had chromed and some custom work done to it, dings removed, trigger job, chromed barrel, polished flats.
It, also, is unbelievably nice.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=40608

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:00:33 PM EDT

Done by Accurate Plating and Weaponry:

www.apwcogan.com/

They contacted me to let me know they had received the pistol, again to deal with the sight question (that pistol has night sights, and they wanted to be sure to put in exactly what I wanted.), and contacted me a couple of more times to make sure that they had every detail to my liking and had explained every step they took.

They hard chromed (matte/brushed combo, as you can see) the entire pistol, sent it to Trijicon and had new night sights installed (the Beretta 92 front sight is part of the slide and requires special attention from Trijicon), function checked and shipped the pistol back to me, all for under 250 bucks.

I couldn't be happier. Their work is top notch, as you can see.

But the pistol looks better in person.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:01:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Not as durable as standard chrome. Not as corrosion resistant either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/11/2005 4:38:02 PM EDT by luxs]

Here is my series 70 Colt, back from Accurate Plating. It was 2 tone, blued slide and sliver frame, with the most fucked up, kitchen table, checkering you have ever seen-Note, I did not try the checkering, the previous owner did that.

Had the frame-to-slide fit, stippling on the front strap and trigger guard, I had wanted Bo-Mar rear sight, but for some reason I got a STI rear, to which I have placed a call to them to ask why I did not get what I paid for. All issue's about rear site taken care of, great people to work with.

Finish is matte round brushed flat on the top of the slide and the dust cover and polished flats.

I'm waiting for my VZgrips from Brownells they are the black/green linen.

No range report yet, that to follow soon.....

+1 for Accurate Plating & Weaponry. apwcogan.com

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:42:43 PM EDT
Matte hard chrome which I'll be covering with Norrell's. The grime you see is because I'm lazy.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:11:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 6:12:09 AM EDT by Dolomite]
Another Accurate Plating and Weaponry fan here.

Ain't nuthin' like a chromed Glock!

[bwow-chicka bwow-chicka chicka-chicka bwow-chicka]

I treat this thing harshly and the finish is holding up much better than I expected.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:47:07 AM EDT
edwin, the P7M13 and BHP are probably the best looking pistols I've seen here in some time... and I dont even like chrome/stainless finishes.

FWIW APW and Tripp both have very good reputations for their finish work. My carry guns may be taking a trip to Tripp soon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:35:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:
Another Accurate Plating and Weaponry fan here.

Ain't nuthin' like a chromed Glock!

and an Stg58.....bow chicka bow wow
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:24:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WesDesRat:
edwin, the P7M13 and BHP are probably the best looking pistols I've seen here in some time... and I dont even like chrome/stainless finishes.

FWIW APW and Tripp both have very good reputations for their finish work. My carry guns may be taking a trip to Tripp soon.

All I can say is that the quality of the work that Virgil Tripp and company does is outstanding.
The P7 turned out incredibly nice, but I was shocked by the difference in the BHP from it's former black epoxy finish, then I was shocked again by Virgil's fine trigger job.
Top Top