Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 6:26:28 PM EDT
I currently carry a Glock 26, but this is really my wife's gun and she is comfortable with it.  So, when I go on the road I normally carry my Beretta 92FS, which is an outstanding gun, but I'd like something smaller.  I was thinking of getting another Glock, maybe a 19 since I've owned one before, but I'm leaning toward the USP 9mm C.  I had a USP 45 fullsized that was excellent, but a little too big.  I really like the USP because it is a DA/SA with a safety.  I guess I'm concered by the size of the Compacts.  If the USP C is the same size as a G19, then I think I'll be all over it.  Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an HK Compact 9mm.  I seems to me to be about the same size as a Glock 19.  To be sure, you could go to Glock's webiste to check the dimensions on the Glock 19, and then go to some other website that lists the HK's dimensions.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks man.  I'm gonna compare them at the next gunshow I attend.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually carry a fullsize USP9 for conceal carry and find it is just as comfortable and easy to carry as the glock 19 I used to have, The fullsize is about 3/4 inch longer than the G19 in the slide( 7.64" opposed to 6.85"), but only .35" taller in the grip, so to me the difference is almost negligible as the grip is the hardest portion to conceal. The USPc is barely shorter in slide and same dimension in the grip as the G19. My USP's are the smoothest operating pistols I have owned, and while you can't go wrong with a 9mm Glock, I feel the USP is a superior piece.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry my USP 9c quite a bit for CCW in all kinds of weather.  I too like the DA first round feature so I can carry with the hammer down.  Takes practice but you can get used to the long first round trigger pull.  Outstanding pistol.  Once thing, you might want to get floorplates for your carry magazines that don't have the fingerswells.  Mine all have fingerswells and I feel that's the only drawback since they tend to print a little more.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys.  I'm definitely going to look into the USP9 Compact.  The DA trigger on my USP 45 didn't bother me that much.  Academy here in Texas sell CCI Blazer 9mm for $3.89 a box so I'll be able to get plenty of practice with the USP9c.  I haven't priced these yet, so about how much should a new one cost?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
CDNN has them for $599.  One thing about the USPC that I like over the Glock is the smaller grip of the gun.  Makes it much easier to conceal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top