Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2006 6:51:59 AM EDT
I got a Colt M1991A1 old rollmark .45. I emailed Colt for what kind of barrel I needed. I gave them my serial number and they replied my gun was made in Jan. of 2001 and took the narrow hooded barrel. The measurements of the hood was .325" +or- .005". The standard 1911 takes around a .440" or so hood on that barrel. Does anyone make an aftermarket barrel with a narrow hood on it?

Ken
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if anyone makes such a narrow hood barrel. However, I see no reason that a new barrel with a 'wide' hood can not be fitted to your Colt by a competent gunsmith. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it to Ted Yost for a Kart. Turnaround time should be reasonable. Call first.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think anyone makes barrels with that hood width except for Colt.  It's no problem for a competent pistolsmith to cut a standard aftermarket barrel to fit your slide.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top