Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 12:30:56 PM EDT
I'm wanting to get a duty holster for my MK25 with X300 light. It needs to be Safariland. I'm looking at the 6390 model, but it says there is not a compatible holster for the MK25. They do have a holster for a P226R. My question is, will the P226R holster work with the MK25 or is there another model that will work with it. I prefer the ALS locking system and it needs to work with the X300. First hand experience would also be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
With your light on the 226 holsters are compatible. The shape of the rail is the only difference with the mk25 and the light renders that irrelevant.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With your light on the 226 holsters are compatible. The shape of the rail is the only difference with the mk25 and the light renders that irrelevant.
View Quote

Which is weird that you say that. If you try other 226 models (Navy or Combat to name a few) and add the light the site says that there isn't a compatible holster. But for the regular 226R and 226R DAK it says there is a holster that will work. Hopefully someone with one of these holsters and a MK25 can add their experience. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a mk 25 and have used the serpa and the sigtac holsters for it with my light on.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately I need Safariland for duty.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Safariland holster that work for 226R will NOT work for the MK 25.  Ask me how I know.

I use an Safariland ALS with the MK 25 that works fine.  It is not the one for the light.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safariland holster that work for 226R will NOT work for the MK 25.  Ask me how I know.

I use an Safariland ALS with the MK 25 that works fine.  It is not the one for the light.
View Quote

We're you attempting to use the 226R holster with a light mounted? If so how exactly was it not working? It's my understanding that the form fitting holsters are not interchangeable between models with the Sig rail and models with the 1913 picatinny rail. I need the holster to be light compatible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top