Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:32:04 AM EDT
Dear AR15ers, I would like to improve my shooting technique with my standards SF98 (just a SF92 but cal. 9x21mm)

This is so far my best group of 25 rnds at 10 meters, the white circle is 20cm diameter.

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/1548/group2xd.th.jpg

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Paolo
Italy
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
PaoloOrange,  
You're getting vertical stringing.  This is being caused by the too weak recoil spring heating up, and the pistol unlocking sooner the hotter the spring gets (less spring tension due to heat).  Get your hands on a 15, threw 20 lb recoil springs and start seeing what spring it takes in the pistol to get the spent case to eject about 5 feet. This correct tension spring will cut down on the vertical oblong stringing for everything but the last round flyer*.

Basics are whatever the group is wide; it should be tall as well.

* Last round flyer is caused by the mag being empty, and not having a mag loaded round pushing the barrel repeatable back up as before.  To solve this problem, you need to add a set for the barrel bottom tension.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Paolo
Italy

Practice, paisano, practice!    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top