Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:10:36 PM EDT
Okay I am getting confussed, I am looking for some grip's for my SA fullsize MIL-SPEC 1911, right now I have some HOUGE wrap around Gripper's on it. I tried putting the wood grips on it and they seemed thicker than the HOUGE grip.

I tried to work the slide release with the wood grip's on it and it would not even try and move, I looked at them and the HOUGE side by side and the wood grip's are a little thicker.

My quiestion is who make's a good grip that is about the same thiness as the HOUGE grip's and not as thick as the wood one's that work great with an extended slide release on the pistol.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:04:59 PM EDT
Have you tried Pachmeyer grips?
I don't know how they compare to HOUGE grip's, but I like 'em on every 1911 I have had. It just feels more comfortable to hold than any other grip. I don't like finger grooves though, on anything.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:38 PM EDT
No I have not tried the Pachmeyer's I will take a look at somethis weekend, I was looking at some of the grip's for sale over on the EE, but like I said I am a little confussed with them and really don't know alot about them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:44:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT by RiftWeaver]
I have personally had to put a small notch in many wood grips to take care of that "slide release" not working problem. The release/catch will not drop down because it hits the grip. I just measured a set of Pachmayer wrap arounds that I have on one piece here. The are the same overall width as many of the sets of exotic wood grips I have.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 7:40:16 PM EDT by pepperbelly]
Pachmeyer has different style grips. Some have a "notch" for your thumb, some have a palm swell, etc.
It would help if you held pistols with the different grips installed to see what you prefer.
I like either the Signature style with what they call "SCULPTURED THUMB REDUCTION", model GM-45CS or model GM-45C, which is what I believe the original 1911 gripset.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:35:43 PM EDT
I'm still waiting for those Diamondbacks from VZ, but they're running a little behind I suppose. I guess I'll just have to be patient...or look elsewhere ( hint, hint ).
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:33:24 AM EDT
Okay thanks guy's I will check some of these out that ya'll mentioned, I have duty tonight so I will be off tomorrow and I will hit some of the local shop's here.
Top Top