Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:53:32 PM EDT
Getting ready to buy a H&K 9mm USP compact guys. I need so info before I buy though. I hold the gun I my right hand and would like all the controls (safety, and everything else that is on the gun) to be able to be used by my right thumb so what varient is this? Also is this gun a DAO, SA/DA, or what I'm confused as to how the gun can be both DA/SA because it dont have a hammer on it. Can someone explain this please? Also I was thinking about getting the LEM (whats the trigger pull on this). How does the LEM pull compair to the standard SA pull. Any info will be great. Thanks guys. Bigbore chime in on this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:53:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 9:56:30 AM EDT by w4klr]

Originally Posted By kevinR:
Getting ready to buy a H&K 9mm USP compact guys. I need so info before I buy though. I hold the gun I my right hand and would like all the controls (safety, and everything else that is on the gun) to be able to be used by my right thumb so what varient is this?

Variant I

Also is this gun a DAO, SA/DA, or what I'm confused as to how the gun can be both DA/SA because it dont have a hammer on it.

It is DA/SA, it will be DA if you load the weapon and decock it, the trigger when pulled will lift the hammer and release to the firing pin. Every shot after that due to the slide cycle will pre-cock the hammer, making single action.
Also I was thinking about getting the LEM (whats the trigger pull on this).

IIRC H&K says it is between 5-7lbs.

How does the LEM pull compair to the standard SA pull.
I think in comparison all it really does is offer the DAO safety but having single pull trigger pull. Very nice to shoot, comparable (but not superior) to the walther P99 Quick action

Hope that helps. The USPC 9mm is an awesome weapon, good luck with your endeavor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:25:29 AM EDT
I tried a LEM trigger on the USP40 compact and didn't like it at all. It's a long trigger pull that requires too much force for my taste. I preffer to operate my USP45 in SA mode (locked and cocked).
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top