Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/2/2002 7:50:22 PM EDT
I just need to check that I have done the correct things. I have a Colt Mk4 Series 70 Gold Cup National Match. In order to reduce felt recoil I was advised to install an 18 1/2 lb. recoil spring, a shok-buff, and a tungsten guide rod. The parts I got were Wilson Combat and Wolff. I did have a devil of a time getting all of these crammed in, my fingers are rather arthritic, but I did get them in. Everything seems to be okay, but I have only dry fired it. My major concern is that the factory guide rod is a tiny little thing, only a couple inches long, and the tungsten replacement is the full length, and is visible when I pull the slide back. I just want to make sure that this is okay.

Forgive me for being so insecure, this is my first modification on a 1911, and I don't have anybody around to talk to about it. Thanks for understanding.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks CockedandLocked. I appreciate the words of encouragement. I do have a bushing wrench, my big problem was pressing the spring down far enough.

I'm actually pretty stoked right now, I took the Colt out today to check function and she did just fine. I put 2 mags through with 2 different weight ammos and everything was flawless. The felt recoil was noticeably less, also, so I'm glad I made the mods. Now I can set to work finding the ammo that gives me the best accuracy without breaking the bank.

Thanks again.

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top