Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2007 4:08:54 PM EDT
Whats the best suggestion and place for a IWB G19 holster and a mag pouch?

also what makes a good Light
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=39738
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=40204

my answer will be the same: CompTac  (CTAC) or the Threat Solutions UCR

as to mag carriers, you can opt for the more expensive Comptacs or bladetechs, or the production priced ones by Safariland or uncle mikes; i like the ones "mpearcex" has in the EE for the price
Link Posted: 2/15/2007 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll second the Threat Solutions UCR and Blade-Tech mag pouch.

Looking for a weapon mounted light? The Surefire X200 can't be beat.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll second the Threat Solutions UCR and Blade-Tech mag pouch.

Looking for a weapon mounted light? The Surefire X200 can't be beat.

$250, damn.

Cheaper decent options?
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Streamlight TRL-1s run about $100 and are great.  I ended up with one in a trade, and am trying to find a G19 to put it on
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 5:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Comp-tac Infidel and like it alot.

For a light, get yourself a Streamlight TRL-1, cant beat it for the price.

http://jticeblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Firearms

~John
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 5:24:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have the Comp-tac Infidel and like it alot.

For a light, get yourself a Streamlight TRL-1, cant beat it for the price.

http://jticeblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Firearms

~John

$100 range is abit better for a light, $250 thats nearly when I spent on the gun
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got lots of different IWB's for my Glock pistols.  

Yet a lot of times I still carry in my cheap uncle Mike's.

I think it cost me $12 at a gun show.

Comfy, light as hell and cheap.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Taxman,

If you are going to use this pistol for CCW then it may be easier to use a handheld light with it.

I EDC a Surefire E2e light I find it much more practical for day to day use than a weapon mounted light which will make the gun a lot more bulky and harder to conceal.

As far as holsters go check out Comp-Tac Infidel for IWB Kydex and Milt Sparks Versamax 2 for IWB leather  or Lou Alessi CQC-S for OWB leather.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Taxman,

If you are going to use this pistol for CCW then it may be easier to use a handheld light with it.

I EDC a Surefire E2e light I find it much more practical for day to day use than a weapon mounted light which will make the gun a lot more bulky and harder to conceal.

As far as holsters go check out Comp-Tac Infidel for IWB Kydex and Milt Sparks Versamax 2 for IWB leather  or Lou Alessi CQC-S for OWB leather.

I got some other lights.

Was thinking of getting a light while I was spending money on it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]
TLR1..........Good light i have one and its awesome, i was very suprised how bright this thing is. in addition to my crimnson trace lazer and night sights i have the Best damn G19 out there.............its ready for any situation.
Link Posted: 2/16/2007 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The UCR in my opinion is the best kydex holster on gods green earth.
Link Posted: 2/17/2007 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been using a SideArmor IWB holster for my G23 and like it quite a bit.

For a light, I have a TLR-1 and couldnt be happier.  Rugged, bright, and good price!
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Call me cheap if you want but I like the Uncle Mikes IWB. Cut off the thumbbreak strap and it is a very comfortable holster.

Drifter
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I carry a 1911 in a SSII, but  I carry a Glock 19 or 34 in a UCR.  I prefer the SSII for comfort.  I am currently looking for something better than the UCR for the Glocks.  I would like to stay with Kydex to keep it thin, but may end up with a leather holster for the Glocks.  May try the FIST holsters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top