Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2003 8:07:41 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the CZ "DUO"  semi-auto pocket pistol in .25ACP.  It was my Great Uncle's that i guess he brought back from Europe in WWII (100th Div.).  There are no Nazi markings on it, it is stamped with a 43, has matching serial numbers on slide and frame, and the town and factory it was made in.  Could this have come from an officer, or were these ever in the civilian market?  Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.....
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a link that has a similar question and some answers:

www.gunsandammomag.com/values/july_1028/

CZ Duo
Q: My father served in WWII and returned with a Czech .25 auto pistol. I'm interested in finding out more about the gun and haven't had much luck. It's in good shape except for a few scratches on the muzzle. The left side of the slide has the following markings: "Ceska Zbrojovka Ako Spol. V Praze," serial #228XXX. The gun was checked out by a gunsmith, and it operates just fine. I have a concern that on the front of the muzzle is a ring that, when twisted, releases the recoil spring. When turning the ring, there doesn't seem to be a lock. It unlocks at about 180 degrees, but not with any real indication its secure. Other than that, it cycles and fires fine. Is this normal, and what can you tell me about the pistol? --R.L., via e-mail

A: Your CZ Duo is an excellent .25 semiautomatic manufactured from 1926 to the present day. It has a 2 1/8-inch barrel and holds six rounds. CZ also designed and manufactured the Model 24 and Model 27. The Nazis were very fond of all these models, and they frequently bear Waffenamt acceptance marks. Assuming your specimen was enlisted in the German cause, it's a fine WWII collectible worth $300. A purely civilian CZ .25 would be worth half that price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top