Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 12:09:33 PM EDT
Previous history

I bought the pistol and was unable to try it out before I left the store.  I bought it at a sporting goods store.  When I took it to the range, the slide would lock open after each round was fired.  I could hit the slide release and the slide would lock forward and the round fire when the trigger was depressed.  When the pistol fired, the slide would lock open again.  I tried 2 diffrent ammo's and 3 different mags.  I sent the weapon back to Kahr for repair.  I bought the weapon for my CCW.  It did not function right from the box.  Not a good thing for a CCW weapon.

I recieved the weapon back from Kahr last week.  The slide locking open issue has been resolved.  The paperwork that came back with the gun said that they replaced the slide stop spring, mag catch, recoil spring, & polished the feed ramp.  

Now I has a problem where about every other mag, the pistol will fire but the slide does not go all the way forward and lock.  If I just nudge the slide with my hand, it will lock forward and the round will fire.  I can feel when this happens with the trigger.  The slide is not back so far that you would notice it.  It is back just a hair.

Before I went to the range the second time, I cleaned and lubed the gun.  I used Winchester 40 S&W  180 gr. FMJ ammo.  I also tried all my mags.  I could not tell a pattern to the problem.

Anyone have any idea what to look for?  It took 6 weeks at Kahr last time.  I don't have a backup CCW.  I would like to see if I could fix it or at least know what the problem is.  The manual says break in is 200 rounds.  I think that I have perhaps 100-150 rounds through the pipe all together now.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sauramen
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Kahr mandates a 200 round break in period, during which you can expect to have some problems, but by 150 rounds things should be shaking down.

I'd suggest trying a different brand/type of ammo.  Not all guns "like" all ammo.

Also, clean the magazines.

Have someone else shoot the gun to see if they have the same problem.  Some times a looser grip can cause failures to operate properly.

If after trying about 100 rounds of different ammo the problem is still there, contact Kahr.  They will either fix the gun, or give you a new one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top