Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2010 10:18:04 AM EDT
I've owned Colt and Kimber 1911's over the last 30+ years but never a SA . The one I'm looking at is the Loaded PX9109LP . It's the parkerized government with the night sights .
The price is $765.00 + tax . Are these good pistols ? I don't have the patience to be sending stuff back for repairs on things that should of been right the first time . My Kimber was made in 1996 and has been good to go since day one .
Thanks for the help.
Nick
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It should be fine, the Loaded is an average 1911, probably around the same quality as your Kimber.

I know you don't want to send it in, but Springfield does have one of the best warranty/customer service names in the 1911 industry.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
With the Springfield warranty, you shouldn't be scared to buy one. If you can, try to find one with the NM in front of the serial number (instead of only the N).

I've got 4.
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With the Springfield warranty, you shouldn't be scared to buy one. If you can, try to find one with the NM in front of the serial number (instead of only the N).

I've got 4.

I agree 100% with this... the difference in fit and finish is very noticeable (at least with the ones I have).
Link Posted: 12/18/2010 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one back in Jan. I've put about 750 rounds through it. I hate the trigger on it. Lot of creep and not a clean break when it does happen. I'm also experiencing some accuracy issues with it. Very low left at 15 yards, rounds aren't impacting at point of aim and are about 4-5 inches low left. (say 7 o'clock ish) from bullseye.  Granted this could be a result of the trigger, but there's several reported issues on the interwebs about the exact same thing i'm talking about.

I'm also having jamming issues, failure to ejects and failure to feeds. BUT i'm pretty sure these are mag related issues and i didn't mark my magazines so I can't say the jams are coming from my old 1911 mags, or the factory springfield's.
I've got several 10 + year old Wilson 8 rounders that are still on the original springs. Once I update them, i'll retest to see if i'm still getting the same malfunctions.

FWIW, I've had a Colt for about 20 years. yes the trigger was re-worked by a competent smith and yes i didn't expect the springfield trigger to be the same out of the box, but for me, its unacceptable.

I do take solace in the fact that Springfield has impeccable CS and i'm certain that I won't have any issues getting it repaired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top