Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:37 AM EDT
Between the N-Frame holster thread and the return of the .45acp revolver topic, I have been thinking about the beautiful 4" 625  light taper/non-full lugged "Mountain Gun" profiled revolver that just languishes in the safe.
Anybody got any recommendations for a good IWB holster? leather,Kydex whatever.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Lou Alessi makes an IWB.  Ask for sewn loops because the snaps are the only thing that stands out.

I never believed that you could hide an N frame, until I was shown.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I am really not a fan of IWB carry.  And and N-frame in the pants sounds very uncomfortable to me.

A mtn gun carries quite well though with a light cover garment.  I like the OWB holsters that are designed to have the holster and gun between the belt and the pants.   I have even tried a left handed OWB holster carried on the right side inside the belt, works good.   Crossdraw carry is pretty comfortable for me too.  But its hard to really conceal.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Good Lord!!!
IWB an N-Frame!!!

Here's how I carry my 28-2.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/denfoote/Nframeinholster.jpg

DeSantis #2 pancake holster.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure Burton, but the question is.....could I hide that massive sumbitch with such a holster?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
To pack my 3" Horton modded M29-3, I used a Galco pancake and made myself a Kydex speedloader carrier. Worked well and packed it under my t-shirt.

The key to packing a full sized firearm is to dress for it. Casual works best if you can dress that way. I get shirts that are 3x's my size, not tight fitting shirts. Another key is untucked button up like a Hawaiian shirt that is larger than you normally wear. I've triple packed under a loose Hawaiian shirt. You can also wear a good shoulder rig in a button up shirt, unbuttoned.

No more do you have to pack that .22 single shot derringer in winter!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top