Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/9/2010 4:01:10 AM EDT
Anyone run one with the coil spring removed? Thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:19:52 AM EDT
I just installed a NY1 with the "-" connector and ran 100 rounds through it over the weekend. It definitely removes the stacking that you get with the stock set-up. It's a little heavier but the pull is the same all the way through. The reset is also more pronounced.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:36:20 AM EDT
With the standard connector, the NY1 will increase the pull of the take up slightly and make for a heavier break as well. It is said the NY springs are less prone to breakage over the stock spring and they give a more positive reset. Most go with this setup for safety concerns when they feel the standard trigger is too light. A more popular configuration as Hero mentioned is using the NY1 with the "-" connector. This gives the benefits of the NY connector without a very heavy break. Another interesting combination is the NY2 orange trigger with a "-" connector. This gives a fairly heavy but smooth take up and very light break very close to a DA revolver pull.

Note: None of the NY triggers should be used with a "+" connector, only the standard and "-" connectors.

There is a chart somewhere showing the different weights of the various configurations, perhaps someone can post.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:46:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2010 1:47:52 PM EDT by R850R]
thanks guys, I get it...I do like the reset and take up with the NY1, but I was wondering if anyone removed the coiled spring on the NY1 assy.

I was running the NY1 and 3.5 connector, but during malfunction drills and range time, I noticed that my slide lock lever would engage and would not disengage with the "sling shot" method. Although I never tried it with a loaded mag, but no mag and empty pistol. I think it has something to do with the way the NY1 spring assy pushes up on the cruciform...thus putting pressure on the slide lock lever.

I disassembled the pistol and for giggles, I removed the coil spring from the NY1 assy...leaving the olive colored housing (basically a plastic spring). The pistol worked fine, maybe a perceived "less heavy" take up, crisp break and awesome reset. As an armorer, I know that one shouldn't go messing with stuff...but I tinker.

Just curious if anyone else had tried this and their thoughts. I'm not sure if the plastic will take a "set", but so far it's working out well...time will tell. YMMV

update: put spring back in, I guess during my first installation, the slide lock lever got pinched...I'm GTG
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:27:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BrianNH:
With the standard connector, the NY1 will increase the pull of the take up slightly and make for a heavier break as well. It is said the NY springs are less prone to breakage over the stock spring and they give a more positive reset. Most go with this setup for safety concerns when they feel the standard trigger is too light. A more popular configuration as Hero mentioned is using the NY1 with the "-" connector. This gives the benefits of the NY connector without a very heavy break. Another interesting combination is the NY2 orange trigger with a "-" connector. This gives a fairly heavy but smooth take up and very light break very close to a DA revolver pull.

Note: None of the NY triggers should be used with a "+" connector, only the standard and "-" connectors.

There is a chart somewhere showing the different weights of the various configurations, perhaps someone can post.

I run a NY1 trigger spring in my carry pistols with a 3.5(4.5) connector and I like them the trigger pull feels better and it retains a good trigger weight for carry.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:16:22 PM EDT
i tinker to. i have the older NY trigger spring. mine has a leaf spring. i removed it, and so far so good. the take up feels the same, but the break is lighter. reset is real nice, better than the m&p i had. if removing the spring is a no-no, i would like to know as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:21:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By R850R:
Anyone run one with the coil spring removed? Thoughts?

YES. I run it that way with a factory "-" connector. the perfect glock setup. shot this setup 1000's of rds.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:26:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By R850R:
thanks guys, I get it...I do like the reset and take up with the NY1, but I was wondering if anyone removed the coiled spring on the NY1 assy.

I was running the NY1 and 3.5 connector, but during malfunction drills and range time, I noticed that my slide lock lever would engage and would not disengage with the "sling shot" method. Although I never tried it with a loaded mag, but no mag and empty pistol. I think it has something to do with the way the NY1 spring assy pushes up on the cruciform...thus putting pressure on the slide lock lever.

I disassembled the pistol and for giggles, I removed the coil spring from the NY1 assy...leaving the olive colored housing (basically a plastic spring). The pistol worked fine, maybe a perceived "less heavy" take up, crisp break and awesome reset. As an armorer, I know that one shouldn't go messing with stuff...but I tinker.

Just curious if anyone else had tried this and their thoughts. I'm not sure if the plastic will take a "set", but so far it's working out well...time will tell. YMMV

update: put spring back in, I guess during my first installation, the slide lock lever got pinched...I'm GTG

That malfunction could not have had anything to do with whether the coil spring had been removed or not.
Top Top