Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 9/20/2005 6:20:56 PM EDT
My sole handgun is now gone, it has been traded for a Remington 870 Police.  So now I'm in search for the replacement handgun.  For the foreseeable furture, it will be my only handgun.  I do not carry but do have a permit and like to leave the option open.  This will be a do it all piece; carry, target, bedside, etc.  

To this point I'm leaning toward getting a Colt 1991 (NRM) Stainless Steel commander.  If I get one I hope to do some minor customizing including new wood grips, replacing MIM sear, and having a little custom work done by Novak.  They are within driving distance and like to have them do the reliability package and nightsight installation.

Anyone know the best place to find the Colt O4091U?  Also, would I be better off going with a different 1911?  If so, which should I consider and why.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I see no reason to get a different gun.  You pretty much picked the best all around 1911 there is for a custom project.  FROST18E recommended these guys to me as being very good on prices and great to deal with:

www.impactguns.com/store/colt_pistols.html
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Found one for $669 + shipping.  Anyone know of a better price?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
You're stealing it.  Anymore of them at that price?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Let you know after I get mine  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You're stealing it.  Anymore of them at that price?

Clyde Armory is the fellow that had them for that price.  I ended up taking a different route.  

I WILL get an 1911 eventually.  Just figued this other piece was better for me at the moment.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top