Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/19/2007 7:32:11 PM EST
hi-

Looking at the NHC website, they seem to indicate the GRP to be a heavy duty combat pistol.  Is the 10-8 just as suitable for duty-type use?  I feel certain that it is I am just curious because the description did not give me that impression.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:09:00 PM EST
yes it is just as durable/reliable/you name it.

If you want a railed version and you know you will be working with a surefire X200 light then you may want the 10-8 because when you take off the x200 adapter the gun will still fit in many standard 1911 holsters without adding any width to the gun.

I choose the 10-8 over the GRP because of small yet useful features. I liked the 10-8 rear sight is very quick with target acquisition while still being very accurate. In addition to that the trigger is a solid design with a set and tuned overtravel stop that cannot be messed with from the front of the gun. Also the fact that the 10-8 uses regular flathead grip screws really screams "duty gun." The VZ diamondbacks on the 10-8 are very grippy while not being overly harsh. Outside of those things there is very little difference between the two guns.

The only thing I really like about the GRP that I wish the 10-8 had was the recessed slide lock pin axle. If you dont want to spend "that much" money then the GRP in standard configuration is the way to go.

You cant go wrong with either.

Ill probably pick up a Talon or GRP in the future and have NH play around with them a little.

here is my 10-8:

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:22:00 AM EST
Cool thanks.  I too like that recessed slide-stop pin.  But I ike the fixed overtravel trigger and Hilton Yam rear sight and half-length guide rod even more, and wanted to be sure it was just as durable.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:25:18 AM EST
I went the other way:  GRP with integral rail.

A perfect holster is only a matter of ordering one; the 10-8 guys don't agree, but shops like Springfield Custom refuse to install Dawson rails.  they say they've seen too many cracked frames.

The other differences may be substantial to you, or not.  In any case, get an NH and don't look back!

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:11:31 AM EST
Top Top