Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 7:13:41 PM EDT
I've carried a P232 in one for about a year now, and recently traded up to a better carry round, the 38, hence the J frame. There are fewer things more annoying than buying an ankle holster for carry then having to BUY an extender for boot use, luckily HUME seems to be the only ankle holster maker with their heads removed from the rectum, as they simply provide a long strap and suggest cutting it if it is too long. YAY! A bonus is that they also include the garter thingy/calf strap in the package as well. Something done right, as a decent price.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like a nice setup. How comfortable is it in hot weather? Can you give a model number and a dealer resource for purchasing a holster like yours?

Thanks,

jdgiii
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That looks like a nice setup. How comfortable is it in hot weather? Can you give a model number and a dealer resource for purchasing a holster like yours?

Thanks,

jdgiii

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the Hume H760. Only drawbacks are it's only available in the brown...AS for the hot weather, it's ok since it's over the boot.

Product Wizard
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been using an Alessi ankle rig for years and I really like it. An ultralight snubby carries in it like a dream. I don't use it with boots, good to know there is an ankle rig that works with boots.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks good to go.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've been using an Alessi ankle rig for years and I really like it. An ultralight snubby carries in it like a dream. I don't use it with boots, good to know there is an ankle rig that works with boots.

Alessi is kind of the ELITE when it comes to leather, and subsequently hard to come by and expensive. DId yours come with a strap long enough for boot use and a garter by chance? Just curious...

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#8]
2 different worlds, this is what my terrain is like outside the city..

:

Works great for urban use.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alessi is kind of the ELITE when it comes to leather, and subsequently hard to come by and expensive. DId yours come with a strap long enough for boot use and a garter by chance? Just curious...

No it sure didn't. I remember speaking to Lou and telling him I wanted the velcro strap extra long (to fit around the top of a boot). I ended up cutting it off short when I realized I would never use it.
If I need to wear boots, then the terrain is shitty and my gun needs to be at or above my waist.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I regularly wear an Uncle Mikes ankle rig.  It fits around a boot and is comfortable.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#11]
AZ, what brand pants are you using where that conceals?  If I wrapped an ankle holster around my boots, I'd look like I had a tumor.  But, I need to spend this year's uniform allowance, so if I can find a manufacturer with looser ankle tolerances, I'm set!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
AZ, what brand pants are you using where that conceals?  If I wrapped an ankle holster around my boots, I'd look like I had a tumor.  But, I need to spend this year's uniform allowance, so if I can find a manufacturer with looser ankle tolerances, I'm set!

You're not still tight-rolling your pants are you?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not still tight-rolling your pants are you?

I  have found that if I wear the rig at the 4:00 position on my ankle it tucks the weapon very close to my calf and is concealable under almost all pants, except for the metrosexual tapered pants that no one wears anymore (yes, I tried it.) But I do usually wear 5.11 pants (I know, they scream goober).......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
damn, guys, maybe my boots are just thick  

Seriously, though, I bulge with a Glock 27.  I know it's bigger than a J-frame, but I want to be able to carry it with my boots.  Right now it only works when I'm wearing shoes.

Maybe I ought to just buy a J-frame for the winter...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top