Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 9:03:31 PM EDT
My new (to me) Sig P229 DAK with night sights in .40s&w (and I bought a .357sig barrel for it), picked the gun up for only $495.

Only thing is that the front night sight is very dim even in a pitch black room with the lights off, so i'll have to buy a new front sight, but other than that I think I got an awesome deal.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, you got a sweet deal.

Where are you going to buy your new tritium sights?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah, you got a sweet deal.

Where are you going to buy your new tritium sights?

Thanks to Sig's great customer service, I won't have to buy another one.

I called Sig customer service and told them about the front SigLite/Trijicon night sight being VERY dim and she and they said that they'll replace it for me no questions asked. Keep in mind I bought this gun used, out of warranty, and it's not a CPO, but the very nice woman I spoke to at Sig said it doesn't matter at all because Sig stands behind their product.

I also asked about the history of my gun, and it was manufactured in March of 2004, so it's practically new. I was kind of afraid they were going to say it was from 1996 or something, but since it's DAK it has to be fairly new within the past few years.

+1 for Sig customer service.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Very Nice! ..and a Good Deal too!
Good Luck and Good Shooting!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:55:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Something wrong with 1996 or something?
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Something wrong with 1996 or something?
JRandyH

Absolutely not, it's just the peace of mind of buying a used gun and knowing that it's still fairly new.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
hello, accord.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hello, accord.

Hello
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
That is a great deal! That will be a excellent carry weapon. I wonder if the non railed SIG's are going to be in high demand soon?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats.  Excellent choice personally.  I own a P229R DAK in 9mm, I love it.  Just need to practice a little bit more so I can get use to the DAK trigger system.  Practice makes perfect....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top