Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 8:03:14 AM EDT
Holster manufacturers have not been able to figure out a good carry method for a large part of the population.  That population consists of office workers, retail clerks and sales professionals.  These are people who want to carry, but often work in close quarters with non-gunners and that means deep concealment is required.  There are a couple of solutions out there, but none that is really satisfactory.  Having set my mind to this problem and having carried in this setting for more than a year now, I've come up with a solution.

Here's the design:

Start with wide, white straps over both shoulders.  Beneath the left side (for a right handed shooter) would be a kydex plate mounted up VERY high under the armpit.  Attached to this plate would be a thin kydex holster mounted vertically.  The holster would have a pivot point at the bottom that allows the entire holster to tilt out about 45 degrees.  There would be an adjustible cotton strap at the bottom of the holster that would go completely around the body.  The right side would have a dual mag carrier with the same tilting kydex design.  The holster would be worn over a basic under shirt for comfort.

Here's the reasoning:

There are many people who are stuck with business casual dress at work.  That means a button-up shirt, tucked in and no sport coat.  This is an extremely difficult manner of dress to hide a reasonable sized pistol and most folks fall all the way back to a pocket pistol.  Tuckable IWB holsters can work, but if you work in an office with anti-gunners, they'll eventually figure out that your shirt never seems right and your waste is slightly out of round.  Tuckables also don't allow for a spare magazine to be carried.

What is needed is a way to get a medium sized gun up high under the armpit.  The higher it can be mounted, the more its concealed by your body and arm.  Vertical mounting is the far preferable from a concealment point of view as most guns are longer than they are tall.  Vertical normally has a problem of requiring a lower mounting position so it can be lifted up.  This is the reason for the tilting design.  You just grab the butt and pull forward.  

For maximum concealment, you also need the gun to be held very close to the body.  On conventional shoulder rigs, this is impossible.  All straps have to be behind the back so they are not seen from the front.  Some manufacturers utilize belt clips to keep the holster in place, but this can't work if a shirt is tucked in over it.  Because this design is intended to have a shirt over it, you can run a stabilizing strap all the way around so the gun doesn't hang forward when you lean over.  

So there you are... the ultimate concealment rig for business casual.  It would also be idea for women and could hide a Glock 19 under a normal blouse.  Ripping buttons upon the draw is fast but does require two hands to accomplish.  Anybody know somebody who wants to make this?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
my idea for super deep concealment:

naa .22mag revolver in a condom stuck up the bunghole.

how fast can you clear colon?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
my idea for super deep concealment:

naa .22mag revolver in a condom stuck up the bunghole.

how fast can you clear colon?

Depends on whether I have to clear colon in a White Castle or not!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
For smaller pistols, this works great, I've been using it for years.  

www.kramerleather.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=65&categoryID=21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top