Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/10/2002 4:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2002 6:02:42 PM EDT by Crappybob]
I have only ran about 80 rounds through it since I got it last weekend. Today when I was putting it up I noticed the forward part of the reciever was a lighter color and a crack had started moving down toward the serial number plate. Here are some picks.

http://www.crappybobandnicbig.com/images/glock1.jpg

And the crack:
http://www.crappybobandnicbig.com/images/glockcrack.jpg

This has really surprised me! I have used 50 PMC .40S&W and 30 Remington UMC .40 S&W. Both full metal jacket and both 180 grain.

Tomarrow I will call glock to start the warranty process does anyone have any advice?
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:10:31 PM EDT
Crappybob, I have never seen a Glock crack like that. Be sure to let us know what the Glock warranty department says, and what they are going to do to make this right with you.

Jamie
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 5:21:59 PM EDT
Dude, you should have got a Beretta!BKVic
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:01:35 PM EDT
Oh shit guys, there is major egg on my face. I was really looking it over and cleaning it up when I realized that the "crack" is really just a build up of gumpowder smoke on the plastic that is hanging out when the mold is broken. After a real good cleaning, no crack at all. I feel like the dumbest basterd on the planet. Just a little "new gun" jitters I guess. Thanks for all the helpful words. Glock is #1 again.

I am sorry I doubted you baby
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:17:30 PM EDT
Actually, there was a run of Glocks a while back that were cracking right there...I think they were the 10mm's, though. Glock quickly resolved that issue. Glad it wasn't for real, though.

Bradd
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:08:32 AM EDT
At least you erred on the cautious side, being observant, dont feel bad at all. That mold "flash" would be removed with a fingernail if bothersome. I still dont know why the serial # plates never sit flat on Glocks, always look like they are falling off?
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 5:11:51 AM EDT
That was Close .

Glad everything is Ok.
Top Top