Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 9:13:37 PM EDT
Taurus .38 special. Never had one before. I traded in my Sigma that was jamming real bad. Guess I wont have to worry about that problem anymore.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice...range report/pics/impressions?

I can't get over how light them things feel, I might have to get one just for the cool factor.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Havent had a chance to shoot it yet. I'm going out Friday. I'll let you know!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!

I picked up a S&W 637, which is pretty much an identical revolver.  It's a nice pistol, fits the hand well, and recoil isn't too bad, but I only fired some 140gr .38 spl through it.  It was quite accurate for a little snubbie.    Do give us a range report as soon as you can ;)  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice little carry gun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]
shoot it yet?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
No, I didn't get to the range, yet. But I'll be there in a hour!!!  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I took her to the range. I cant hit shit!  My pattern was about 1 foot! I know its my first, so I'll need alot more pratice. Plus it is only a 2 inch barrell. Any pointers guys?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
What distance?

Ammo?

Snubbies will (in my experience) exaggerate every little mistake you make in form when firing.

Lots of practice, and do not get discouraged.  

Mix up the target action some, shooting paper makes me want to cry sometimes.  

...are you flinching?

next practice, load 1-2 empties in the cyl randomly with the live rounds and don't look when you close it.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Will concur on the small revolver accentuating whatever you are doing wrong...  

Best bet is to find reasonably priced (read to be reliable but cheap) ammo that you can go and practice with.

I've also found A-zoom snap caps to be very helpful.  These allowed me to practice loading, unloading and trigger control.  Using these I was able to find the best grip angle where I could get a smooth and consistent trigger pull that doesn't pull or push the revolver off target. (important for me as S&W J frame triggers can't really be tuned like a K/L/N can)  this was accomplished with many tries sitting on my couch infront of hte TV, which makes the snap caps very nice.

Also I don't know the availability of different grips for Taurus revolvers, but I have tried several different ones ones on my S&Ws as some tend to work better for me and some don't work at all...

Thats all I can provide, but hope it helps.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What distance?

Ammo?

Snubbies will (in my experience) exaggerate every little mistake you make in form when firing.

Lots of practice, and do not get discouraged.  

Mix up the target action some, shooting paper makes me want to cry sometimes.  

...are you flinching?

next practice, load 1-2 empties in the cyl randomly with the live rounds and don't look when you close it.  

I was using Winchester +P 125 grain, and Sellier and Bellot 125 grain. I was sloppy with both.  The Distance was 21 feet.  The trigger, when cocked, is very light. 4-5 Lbs max. Maybe I flinched a bit, but I do have snap caps for it, and knew how light it was.  I'm not liking the sights too well either. Too used to semi-auto dots. LOL
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the pointers. I'll try to remember all this on the next run.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Generally, when I an trying to shoot groups, I psyche myself out to think that I am dry firing.  

Practice dry firing in Double action, and pay attention to your front sight...if it is wavering, wandering shaking, it is doing the same thing when you are shooting.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Good looking .38.  I like how it is compact but it looks like you could actually get a good grip on it.  What model number is it?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to have the same pistol.  Loved it!!  Good choice for a CCW!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#15]
man you got the deal of the century.smegmas are ,well just that smegma pos.you got a great gun in trade.even a steel taurus snubby would have been a good deal for you.even 10 bucks is too much to ever pay or pay someone to take a smegma,
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#16]
My dad has one he carries when he cant carry his 1911, i havs a S&W 642 when i cant carry my G19 , good little revolver espeicaly for CCW
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Generally, when I an trying to shoot groups, I psyche myself out to think that I am dry firing.  

Practice dry firing in Double action, and pay attention to your front sight...if it is wavering, wandering shaking, it is doing the same thing when you are shooting.  

Get some snap caps, or when your shooting randomly leave out a couple of cartriges and you will see if your flinching
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:31:56 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a M85 and love it.  I can shoot it better than my glock and my kimber tle.  Very nice revolver you have there.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
YOU DID VERY WELL.GOT RID OF A ROTTEN GUN AND PICKED UP A NICE QUALITY PIECE. I HAD A SMEGMA SO YOU NEED NOT EXPLAIN ALL THE SHORTCOMMINGS.THAT ALLOY SNUBBY IS THE BOMB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top