Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 8:28:32 PM EDT
Well, I did it!

After years of hearing '9mm is a 45ACP on stun' and '40 Short & Weak',  Had an opportunity to pick up a Kimber Eclipse Custom II package.

2 year old Kimber, original case, etc, 1 Kimber mag, 1 Chip McCormick mag and two Bladetech holsters (inside and outside the pants) and a mag holster, couple Uncle Mikes holsters,  original dark wood and upgraded rubber grips.

Dropped $800, but think I got a fair price.   - you be the judge.

Now I just need to figure out how to field strip the damn thing.  

ETA: another couple pictures

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
field stripping is a right of passage for a new owner.

HIGHLY recommend you look at the thread in the top of the 1911 forum, 'schematic links'

lots of great info there for you..
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, I hope to add a Kimber to the 1911 collective
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
field stripping is a right of passage for a new owner.

HIGHLY recommend you look at the thread in the top of the 1911 forum, 'schematic links'

lots of great info there for you..

Thanks for that - glad it's a right of passage and not an indictment of my mental capacity.

Can't wait to put a couple hundred rounds down range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
congratulations look nice
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the exact same Kimber, as far as stripping it, get a wrench it's a lot easier with the full length guide rod.  They are very nice looking guns.  Mine shot really nice but I could clean both my Glocks in less time than it took to clean the Kimber.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats and welcome to the other sickness
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
congrats and welcome.  I wissh you the best of luck with your pistol.  Just remember there is no turning back now!!!!!!

BTW watch for the ever popular noob scratch.  It is common but it might happen if you are not careful.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the club!

But don't fool yourself into thinking this will be your only   1911.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Wholy crap!   After over an hour of working to field strip this badboy, I've done it.

Someone mentioned right of passage - no sh*t.  

So, the first time was rough - opted to do it a second time and it went much faster.  I guess I'm thru the learning curve.

It's safe to say I'm hooked.  The Eclipse is a pistol for the true attention whore.  

Step up to the firing line and three guys wonder over... 'hey, what you got there?'
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 2:59:41 AM EDT
[#10]
It may be your 1st but it will not be your last.

nice looking 45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top