Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2010 6:20:55 PM EDT
My Stepfather has a blued MK678 that I really like to shoot when we go to the range. I was talking to him about wanting to get a MKII in some sort of target configuration. He told me to come by the house and we would go looking for one.

When I got there was his MKII sitting on the kitchen table. He said that he wanted to give me his pistol an early inheritance present. I was stunned to say the least. I told him that I didn't want to take his pistol from him but he insisted that I take it. He said that he wants to see me enjoy it now because he can't see me enjoy it when he is gone.
Here is a pic if it:

I have shot the snot out of it for the past two days and love it. I did have a few malfunctions with Federal 550 value pack and Remington golden bullet value packs. The malfunctions were all like this.

I have not had any problems with CCI standard velocity, Mini mags, Blazer, Federal Auto match value pack, and Winchester xpert value pack. The CCI standard velocity is by far the most accurate of the ones that I have tried so far. I used some sandbags and shot a 1.067 group at 25 yards. I want more time to actually try and shoot it for accuracy.

I just ordered a Weigand no gunsmith Weaver base and a Primary Arms Micro Dot 3 MOA gen 7 sight for it. I really enjoy shooting this handgun and it is one I will pass on to my son when the time is right.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice and it looks pretty new.  The best part of a .22 pistol is you can shoot it all day and not break the bank so do it...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice and it looks pretty new.  The best part of a .22 pistol is you can shoot it all day and not break the bank so do it...

I just checked the receipt that was stuck in the pages of the owners manual. It was purchased in feb '04 for $250 so it is not too old.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice pistol and a VERY generous gesture !
Any chance that he might adopt me ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=523189  <––––––pure win and will make shooting even more enjoyable.

Congrats on the gun!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a keeper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats a keeper.

Absolutely.  This gun has a story now that your grandchildren should get tired of hearing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
lucky you,keep it lubed and clean and it will shoot what you feed it,been shooting mine since the mid 80s,as for accuracy the more you shoot the better,  enjoy  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top