Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:13:12 PM EST
So I installed the SRT in my W. German 226 today. I noticed now it just barely decocks (I'm literally pressing it as far as it will travel, then pushing a little harder and it decocks). Looking into the frame without the grips installed I can see how it decocks, and it appears to all be working correctly, just with no extra travel. It feels quite different than my newer 226 did.

Is an SRT a no-go in an older Sig and I just didn't know it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:37:30 PM EST
I just installed a kit in my older 220 and actually have better decocking. I'm pretty sure you don't have to replace the decocker so you could put your old one back in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:10:03 AM EST
I've put the srt kit in two W. German sigs, a P226, and a P220.

Don't Take this the wrong way, but are you sure the spring is connected correctly?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:48:18 AM EST
Did it decock just fine before you messed with it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:41:49 AM EST
SRT can be installed in older Sigs. I've put one in a P6 imported in 1980.
It worked fine.

Remove the left side grip,(decock lever side) and take a picture of the spring on the decocking lever.
Something was not correctly re-installed after disassembly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:14:08 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
SRT can be installed in older Sigs. I've put one in a P6 imported in 1980.
It worked fine.

Remove the left side grip,(decock lever side) and take a picture of the spring on the decocking lever.
Something was not correctly re-installed after disassembly.
View Quote

This. I put an SRT in a 94' W.German 226 also....decocker works fine. Something isn't installed correctly. Also, when you get the left side grip panel off, try the decocker then. Any difference with the left grip panel off than when it was on? Just curious...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:11:23 PM EST
Can you clarify whether your concern is how far the lever has to travel or the amount of force that is needed? Most of my classic SIGs decock at the bottom of the lever travel, where my SP2022 happens much sooner.

What I'm saying is if it's just taking the entire travel, that is normal.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:41:07 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
Can you clarify whether your concern is how far the lever has to travel or the amount of force that is needed?
View Quote

I'm literally pushing it as far as it will go (as if it's hitting the plastic grip), and then slightly harder, at which point it decocks.

Pictures below. Thanks everybody for the input.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 11:09:56 PM EST by MaxxII]
It appears that you have the decock spring on the lever correctly.

Is the decocking lever actually riding in the sear correctly?

The rear of the lever has a "tail" that mates with the sear. When you depress the lever, it engages the sear and decocks the gun.

If it's not in the right place, you'll run into issues....

ETA - Disassembly/reassembly of Sig Classic Series pistols.

IM in bound.
Top Top