Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/8/2004 8:53:01 PM EST
FANTASTIC , that says most of it ...lets address this one at a time shall we ... Box, comes in a kickin green box big like something a saw would come in , goo d latches ... Gun , nice deep black matte finish the new royal finish...sights are nice , and even better was a coupon for 99 dollar tritiums from para if i send them the slide , RIGHT ON PARA , scored one for me ... Went to the range to get familular with my new ccw piece and spent some QT putting 250 rounds of remingotn /umc ammo at plates etc... gun handles very well very very tight slide which i like . no wobble . trigger was smooth as silk . the lightweight (28oz i think) made the gun a little more awake than my old kimber governemnt model. that was to be expected. all in all I am very very happy i got hte para , no significant issues with the 250 rounds all went bang and the para power extractor did it's job , only one semi complain , wish the front strap was checkered or stippled , something for grip but APW in florida will take care of that for me ....

Rick in Alaska
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 10:16:31 PM EST
What was the total bill on the Para?? The coupon for night sights is hard to beat.
Where you at in Alaska, I am down in Juneau
Zach
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 10:37:25 PM EST
I'm in anchorage , friedn with FFL hooked me up davidsons had them on sale ... $530
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 10:52:17 PM EST
... Hey!

... Another Para-Ordnance fan. I absolutely love 'em - Yes, main have all been "tuned out-of-box" but nonetheless, they are the best 1911 "full-capacity" pistols you can carry!

Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:16:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By Winston_Wolf:
... Hey!

... Another Para-Ordnance fan. I absolutely love 'em - Yes, main have all been "tuned out-of-box" but nonetheless, they are the best 1911 "full-capacity" pistols you can carry!

members.cox.net/winston_wolf/para1.jpg

You like the paras over the STI's? As hicap 1911's go I would take a STI over a para anyday.
Not that I dislike paras.

NoKarma
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:29:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By NoKarma:

You like the paras over the STI's?

NoKarma

... I do like STI's, but I just prefer raw utility (steel) frames for "daily duty"
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 8:10:13 AM EST
I like my para so much no thinking on getting another commander size but in a LDA , i think my super kimber might be leaving soon
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:13:26 AM EST
I have two para's the P12 & P13 I love mine so much I sleep with them
Top Top