Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2008 9:09:28 AM EDT
Man am I excited. I just picked this up from a gun show this past weekend. Just thought I'd share. It has the tan frame and the GG&G rail already mounted. It came with 3 mags, the original box, and night sights all for a cool $600.00 out the door. It appears to have been taken care of very well (no dings or scatches of any kind).

Upon inspection, I noticed the gun to be extremely clean (this includes the barrel), however, where the frame contacts the slide (I guess there are four of them) the polymer coating that is on the metal has worn off and seems a bit rough. I am assuming this won't affect anything, however, I am OCD and paranoid. Will this affect performance of the weapon, or is this just normal wear and tear?

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Upon inspection, I noticed the gun to be extremely clean (this includes the barrel), however, where the frame contacts the slide (I guess there are four of them) the polymer coating that is on the metal has worn off and seems a bit rough. I am assuming this won't affect anything, however, I am OCD and paranoid. Will this affect performance of the weapon, or is this just normal wear and tear?

It's normal, but its not wear and tear. They aren't covered with polymer to begin with Nice find
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#2]

great deal and choice!  

PS: thats not 'wear' on the polymer; the metal at those spots come "exposed" or actually, uncovered by the polymer--so to make metal to metal contact w/ the slide

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That's what I thought, but the plactic around the metal seemed a little rough to the touch. Wasn't sure if it is something I should be concerened with or not. Appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I know I went to public schools & all, but did I miss what CALIBER this thing is?????  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You can just barely read "ACP" on the side.  

Nice gun!  You going to CCW it?  I am curious about add-on rails and holsters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can just barely read "ACP" on the side.  

Nice gun!  You going to CCW it?  I am curious about add-on rails and holsters.

I'm definitely thinking about it. I carry a kimber pro carry right now. I too am wondering how well it will fit in a IWB holster with the rail on it. I'm hoping comp-tac makes something (love my m-tac).
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a 40. I don't think they have made the compact carry in any other caliber.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The compact comes in 9mm, .357Sig and .45 as well.

Link Posted: 1/22/2008 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier... it is a 40.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I like USP-C's,

Pretty much identical external dimensions to the compact size Glocks, but with a safety, and cocked and locked carry.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top