Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2011 4:41:19 PM EDT
Glock 17 with factory night sights, AA 17-22 kit, AA threaded barrel, Tactical Solutions Cascade 22LR suppressor.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice I hope it functions great!                                                                                        
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
...looks very cool !!

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
niceee! so jealous. im saving to get the threaded barrel and supressor
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#5]
wish i had that!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Run it wet, clean it frequently for the first 500 or so rounds, run Remington Golden bullets (per Mfg recomendation) or any high velocity round unitl it's broken in (3-500 rds is usually good) and it wil serve well for a long time. I love mine, especially suppressed!

Be realistic. It's a .22, it will never run 100%, but it is great, cheap practice
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Run it wet, clean it frequently for the first 500 or so rounds, run Remington Golden bullets (per Mfg recomendation) or any high velocity round unitl it's broken in (3-500 rds is usually good) and it wil serve well for a long time. I love mine, especially suppressed!

Be realistic. It's a .22, it will never run 100%, but it is great, cheap practice

So far it won't cycle anything, not even once suppressed.  Like you suggested I will give some more time to break-in.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
try using CCI Mini mag 40 grains in it, that's what I was recommended to use in my wifes kit on a 26/27 frame and that's the only ammo it likes.  It cycles now all the time, don't try the 36 grain HP's they don't work.  Hope this helps you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Recommended ammo for the following kits:
17/22, 19/23, 26/27 - Federal AutoMatch, Remington Golden Bullets, 550 round Bonus Pack, CCI Mini Mags and Remington 22 Target, packaged 100 rounds in a 3 inch square clear box with a green and blue label

My conversion did not like Remingtons of any kind. Their quality was very poor several years ago, but seems to have improved with the most recent brick I bought.

Run that gun wet!

Try some Velocitors too.  Mine loves them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#10]
My first gen AA kit I bought back in 2000 only runs Remy golden bullet ammo. Luckily it keeps them mostly subsonic. The downside is lately i'm having bullet tumble issues with my AAC Pilot and this kit. Only happens on this platform. Sent it back to the gunsmith who threaded it and said everything was within spec, but recrowned the barrel just to be sure. It was my favorite  host.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far it won't cycle anything, not even once suppressed.  Like you suggested I will give some more time to break-in.

what are you feeding through it?

after break-in and mag feed lip adjustments, my AA 17/22 gen3 kit feeds fed bulk and remington golden bullets reliably.

no joke: i had not cleaned my AA kit after 200 rounds before, and put a 500+ brick of 22lr through it yesterday. in the 700+ rounds with no cleaning, and only a drop of lube in the second session, i experienced only one fte. i cleaned it afterwards.

maybe i have a really good batch  of federal and remingtons?

edit: in addition to the mag feed lip adjustments, i also lightly polished some areas of the gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top