Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 2:29:08 AM EDT
I recently purchased a Sig P226R and took it to the range, It shoots about 4" left. WTF? I remember when I bought my P228 a few years back it came with a test target, This one did not. Did Sig change their practice of including a test target? Should I send it back to get the sights adjusted/ or should I just get a Sight adjustment tool? either the MGW or Sig? I don't have access to any competent gunsmiths out here in GUAM. Suggestions, please.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
4" to the left at what distance?
If at 25yds. To save your self the $40 to ship it back to SIGARMS knock the rear sight to the right a tiny bit (about 1/32") to start using a brass or nylon punch or the front (not recommended even less to the left).  Shoot it off a rest to rule out it's not you pulling it that way while firing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah 25 yrds. is the range, and yes it was shot using a rest. it isn't me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:59:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I would most definitely return it.  A firearm that costs as much as a SIG does should be zeroed out of the box.

I would not go anywhere near it with a punch, hammer, etc.

That's what a warranty is for.  Make them fix it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd just give it a small tap with a punch as was mentioned if you don't have a sight tool. The sight tools will run you more than shipping it back to Sig although you would probably only have to ship back the slide. If you plan on ever changing sights or have multiple Sigs then maybe the MGW sight tool would be good for you. There's a link to where I got mine in another thread. It was only $89. You can always call Sig and see what they say.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll give Sig a call and see what they say. Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have night sights on it, dont wack them with a punch. If they are not night sights, you can most likely do it yourself with a punch and hammer. It really not a big deal.

If you have more than one SIG (if you dont already, you soon will ), the sight tool isnt that big an expenditure, and you can easily adjust your sights or upgrade or change your night sights. The MGW tool looks just like the SIG tool (they probably make it for SIG), and you can get them on line for about $90. I just got one a little while back and have used it on two of my pistols to upgrade the night sights. Took all of 15 minutes each and I only had to slightly adjust one at the range after centering it in the tool.

There is also a SIG tool on EBay right now, if your looking for one.

cgi.ebay.com/SIG-SAUER-SIGHT-TOOL_W0QQitemZ7213101306QQcategoryZ73962QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top