Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 1:43:58 PM EDT
Well I got to take my 1st glock (19) out for a test run today. The only complaint that I have is the front stock sight. Its getting replaced BTW. My question is this. There are about a half a dozen places where the slide meets the frame that there are little burrs of the plastic frame (I could take a razor and cut them off). It is nothing major (doesnt appear major to me). Is this normal kind of like a break in period for the glock (its new never fired not used). I figured it is just the gun working itself in. Or should I be concerned about this. This little plastic burrs are all next to a metal part that is in the frame. No failures or malfunctions of any kind either. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as they don't interfere with functioning, I wouldn't give them a thought.

Btw: Night sights will be the best money you can spend on your new Glock, besides extra magazines & ammo. I put Trijicons on mine.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Get some Meprolite sights and shoot the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry about them. If they are in the way the metal slide will quickly smooth them down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top