Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2017 9:51:07 AM EDT
I bought a new Ruger MK IV 22/45 lite and want to mount an old Trijicon RM02 red dot on it.

I picked up a Trijicon RM33 but its too wide.  The rail section on the Ruger 22/45 is very narrow.
Does anyone know which mounting solution will fit the MK IV's narrow rail?
I've searched some old threads here, but haven't found a definitive answer yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Who's rail is it? Weaver and military 1913 rails can usually work with the same mounts. If it's a tip off rail (no slots) you will have to replace it.

Lots of great rails are available for Ruger pistols. They are relatively inexpensive.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This mount will accept just about any of the micro RDS that are worth having, and will give the gun an overall "cleaner" look than the factory rail. You'll just have to get a plug screw to fill in the front hole where the fsctory rail was.

https://outerimpact.com/shop/red-dot-adaptermount-ruger-mark-ii-iii-2245-works-many-red-dots/
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I second the Outer Impact plate. Here is what I am running on my MKIII -

I have over a 1k rounds on it with no issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
so, you have a model that's rail-equipped?

a standard "low" 1913 mount fits fine for me
if you have an OEM 1913 rail on top, I'd say your mount has issues
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top