Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 4:20:25 PM EDT
Was curious as to what is considered the most accurate aftermarket 9mm barrel for the G17.   Was also wondering if anybody has ever seen or used a bushing ring set-up for a Glock similar to the H&K SOCOM pistol.  I'm thinking about making one up for my Glock similar to the H&K setup and try it out - unless somebody else has already done it....

TIA

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
the one that comes in it
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
KKM makes a very nice barrel for Glocks.  I shoot IPSC (production class) and replaced the barrel in my G22 and it did shoot better.  I changed the barrels in my G17, G34 and G35, all with the same results.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the one that comes in it

+1

No "need" to replace anything in a GLOCK.  Unless you want to shoot cast bullets anyways.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I too use a KKM match barrel, mainly because of the conventional rifling.  My ammo sponser gave me some 147gr plated (Berrys) subsonic loads (about 870fps) that were tumbling at 7yds.  With the KKM barrel the loads don't do that.  The KKM is more accurate with all rounds YMMV.  My current load with work in either a stock Glock or KKM barrel without tumbling......It's a 147gr ZERO bullet with VV N320 powder and Federal primers.  It makes Minor Power Factor for USPSA and IDPA at 855fps.  It's a very high pressure load not in any books but is very slow and requires a special under size sizing die to stop bullet set back.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the one that comes in it

+1

No "need" to replace anything in a GLOCK.  Unless you want to shoot cast bullets anyways.

+2
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Well,   since you asked . . . . . . . .

My G34 is next most accurate than a G17 . . . . .
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:40:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
the one that comes in it

+1

+2 hr

+3 looking for a solution to a non-existent problem.  You only need one if you are shooting lead.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:47:15 AM EDT
[#8]
The most accurate aftermarket barrel for a Glock is to have a high quality barrel such as a Bar Sto hard fitted to your pistol. Next would be a high quality drop in barrel such as a Bar Sto, KKM, Jarvis. A "drop in" can sometimes be hit or miss though as the stock Glock barrel can be surprisingly accurate. Again, if you want the "most" accurate barrel in your Glock, have one hard fitted.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Was curious as to what is considered the most accurate aftermarket 9mm barrel for the G17.   Was also wondering if anybody has ever seen or used a bushing ring set-up for a Glock similar to the H&K SOCOM pistol.  I'm thinking about making one up for my Glock similar to the H&K setup and try it out - unless somebody else has already done it....

TIA

Why do you want a set up like the SOCOM?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the comebacks.  Was leaning towards the fitted Barstow for using in competitions.  Yes, the factory barrel works just fine and i've won several events with it, i guess i just want to take the next step and get a barrel with a guaranteed accuracy.  i saw on one of the shooting shows where Doug Koenig (sp?) tests quite a number of barrels for intrensic accuracy prior to using one on his gun(s).  Anybody who's won as many events as he has must know what he is doing.    He locks the barrels into a block-type fixture (his own home-made, not a Ransom Rest) while testing different ammunition loads and picks the barrel that shoots the smallest groups.  I have a 17C that i want to convert to a non-compensated barrel system anyway, so was thinking about going the fitted barrel route.  

Why do you want a set up like the SOCOM?

the rubber type bushing used on the SOCOM (i assume) helps with the lock-up and perhaps might hold the barrel for a micro-second during the firing of the round?  It just seems like it makes sense to provide a bit more of a tighter fit between the barrel and the slide during the firing process and that bushing type (again, i assume) does just that.  However, if it worked so well, i wonder why no other manufacturers use it.... ?  i have access to a machine shop and was thinking of trying one on my current 17C barrel just for the heck of it.  But then again, i havent really researched as to why H&K does their SOCOM that way but that is why i'm here obviously, prodding the great minds of those who venture into these boards and share all their experiences...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.ccfa.com/GLOCK_O-Ring%20Barrels.htm
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#12]
A well fitted aftermarket barrel can add to the accuracy of a Glock. Even though I come from a bullseye shooting background, I have profited much less from any aftermarket barrel in a Glock than from a good overtravel stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top