Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/24/2002 1:07:46 PM EDT
Other than with head shots, no one ever "stopped" anyone with a .22. Mossaad snuck up and assassinated quite a few unarmed, unaware men, so what? The same job could have been done with an icepick. It just would have taken a bit more heart, that's all. Very few people understand that lethality and stopping power have little in common. I can stop you cold with a ball bat applied across your gut, yet you will probably be fine in a couple of days. I can kill you with a single icepick thrust to your kidney, sleen or liver, but it may well take many hours for you to bleed out. So the fact that someone EVENTUALLY dies of being shot with something is a far cry from making that load a reliable tool for actually incapacitating a man swiftly enough to save anyone from that man's actions. Since that IS why an innocent fires in defense, choosing a load that can't reliably do so is like choosing a rowboat for crossing the Pacific. You MIGHT make it thru, but it's a stupid move.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:58:03 PM EDT

Why can't you go away Gunkid no one here cares to reply to a troll. You don't know shit about handguns.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:42:57 AM EDT
I will ask again. Have you ever been in a lethal confrontation of any kind? No sarcasm intended. Asking a legit question.

I also have a video from a South Carolina State Troopers dash camera of him involved in a shooting. He shot the suspect at a ranges of ppoint blank to about 3 feet 5 times in the chest with a Smith 4 inch 686 .357 mag. Suspect shot the trooper with an NAA .22 twice. ONe roundhit him in the arm, one went in his armit just missing his vest, and severed his aorta. The trooped was dead on the scene within about 45 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:52:30 PM EDT
jett3, If I can shoot you once with my .22 anywhere below your head, I'll bet you would be in no condition to use your icepick
W
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:57:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 8:51:55 AM EDT
you would lose that bet. Yes, I have had to draw on a man charging me with a large crescent wrench, and have many times had to stop attacks by dogs. If you think I can't handle such problems, I can arrange for you to find out. :-)Plenty of people know very well that I know guns and fighting better than virtually anyone that you can name. For the record, Elmer Keith never even once drew his pistol on a man, much less ever fired one at anyone. By your silly guideline, a doctor would have to have had his arm amputated before he could POSSIBLY know how to amputate yours. If you think that dog attacks can't be lethal, I have one that you can try your concealed draw against! :-) I'll sic him on you from 10 ft away, and you can demo just how tough you are.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:09:12 AM EDT
Top Top