Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2007 6:12:56 PM EDT

Walther P22 "Military"!

Just over 600 rounds so far, and it's been almost perfect. Exceptions are the Federal Spitfires, which are funny-shaped 36gr hollow points, and the Aguila Sniper Sub Sonic, which fouled the chamber badly and caused full-length LR cases to stick.

It's accurate but hard to shoot well, but I'm getting better. It's loud and has a neat little jump to it, and makes a nice little fireball at dusk. New shooters are loving it.

The only thing that concerns me is the evident wear on the inside of the aluminum slide in some spots, but after about 300 rounds it stopped getting worse, so I guess it's "broken in" now. I hope it holds up, because I plan on shooting the SNOT out of this thing. Plus it's light enough I can pack it all over the woods, even when I'm flyfishing.

Right now, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a really fun plinker -- but I'm waiting to see how it holds up after 6,000 rounds and 10,000 rounds -- like a .22 should.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Good looking gun. I've been thinking about getting one of these for a plinking gun. You plan on carrying it as a defense weapon?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Cast zinc, huh? Interesting. It is a good casting -- it almost looks milled. Never would have guessed.

As for a can, well, I live in MN, so no love there. I HAVE been eyeing up that fake one that's out there for like $60...

I didn't buy it intending to carry it defensively, but as reliable as it's been, I can see it on my hip a lot. Mostly I'll be carrying it in the woods (hiking, bird hunting, fishing, etc.).
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
actually until you put a can on it you don't know what fun is

I second that.  Approximately 3-4k through mine, and I'm the second owner.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have thought about buying one as well
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got one the other day.  I just put 100 round through it and it runs great.  This is my new plinker until ammo prices go down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top