Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 8:52:28 PM EDT
Just wondering why those of you who have Milspecs chose them.

Also, a list of popular mods would be helpful without going overboard.  I just bought one this weekend and bought it mainly for the nostalgic look.  I don't want to change much on it and have it detract from it's appearance.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally something to shoot all the time without putting wear and tear on my other .45s.
So I would say price.
Not that it's a beater, far from it.
I installed an adjustable rear sight (can be changed back) and a little trigger work and used it in a match.
I have found I'd rather shoot it the majority of the time anyway because I just like it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, I didn't need or want a lot of the crap they ad to it. The only thing I would change is to get the trigger pull a little lighter. I didn't vote because none of the options applied.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:49:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I got one because I eventually want to have Ted Yost maek it into one of his 1* mods.  For nostalgia, I will probably end up getting a Springfield WWII milspec.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine because I wanted a 1911 without any of the little doodads on it.  I might add an ambi safety to it later on, but it won't be an extended one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got one because I eventually want to have Ted Yost maek it into one of his 1* mods.  For nostalgia, I will probably end up getting a Springfield WWII milspec.

I'm looking at the WW2 model also, but will the brass properly resize with that ding you get with a milspec port?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Price and quality. I actually went in to buy a used HK4 in .380 without the extra barrels or box, and I walked out with the MilSpec. I wanted to get into 1911s and the Springer offered a great price and good quality to match. I have enjoyed modifying mine into the shooter it is. I added an extended grip safety (non-beavertail) and I replaced the ILS parts with standard 1911 parts, which dropped the trigger pull by close to 1 lb.!
B9
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I would have to say price, if in fact what I have is a Milspec.

I walked into the funstore, and they had a 1911 there, I had been interested for awhile in gettign one. This one was a two tone, stianless frame and Black slide, marked 1911-A1.

Other than that I know nothing of it, except that it has a serial of NM1249xx

I love it, and it only cost me $500 CDN, plus 7% Sales Tax, and $25 registration fee
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
PRICE
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
to tinker with and make my own, cheaper, custom

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
To customize the way I wanted to. The price didn't hurt either.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:48:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I clicked nostalgia, but price has a lot to do with it.  I'm getting a Champion to further customize and don't plan on changing the mil-spec.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought a operator milspec cause the rail,cool!!!! But it not shoot like a kimber so i been upgrading it since and now they are no longer made i'm told. Did not want to spend the money on the trp version. I liked it stock but then i wanted to alter it and did, tore between both,man that sucks. Liked the old spur hammer too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Just like the military look.  Where do I cast my vote?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top