Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 10:05:16 PM EDT
While I've never experienced the failure of a polymer follower in a Wilson/Rogers magazine, others apperantly have.  

So, my question is:  has anyone ever tried using one of the rounded steel followers made by Metalform in a Wilson/Rogers 7rd magazine?  

Did it work well or is it a solution in search of a problem?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine uses McCormick guts in a Wilson tube.  His SA Professional won't function with Wilson followers.  So I suppose Metalforms should work fine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you considered Tripp followers and springs?

www.trippresearch.com/products/upgrade/upgrade.htm

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A friend of mine uses McCormick guts in a Wilson tube.  His SA Professional won't function with Wilson followers.  So I suppose Metalforms should work fine.

The McCormick follwers have malfunctioned for me, and I prefer the Wilson/Rogers design far and away over the McCormick.  But, the Metalform rounded steel follower is essentially the same as the  Wilson/Rogers follower, except it is steel and not polymer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta tag this one. I've had a fair number of Wilson poly followers wear and fail to lock the slide back reliably. I was thinking of switching over to McCormick Power mags.......

FNC80, thanks for the link! Have you tried these followers?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You might look at m1911.org. the first thread in the gunsmithing section is about magazine follower.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I would expect that the metal/polymer contsruction of the Tripp followers would also eventually fail with use as the metal insert wears on the much softer polymer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently sent back 6 47Ds for failing to lock the slide back.  When they return, I will retrofit them and the 4 remaining 47Ds with Tripp springs and followers.  I plan on running them side by side with 10 CMC Powermags.

Tripp has had very positive reviews on 10-8 and I don't doubt they're better than the standard 47D followers/springs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a more comprehensive review of the Tripp mags as well as their followers/springs:

www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=168&an=0&page=1#168
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top