Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 12:53:59 PM EDT
My G19 broke today

The slide lock spring broke and the slide lock  popped out and is MIA. I'm not sure at what point it broke and how many rounds I fired with it missing but it kept firing. Has anyone else had this happen?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same thing happen to me a while back with my G27.

I have a built in laser that replaced the guide rod, spring, slide lock. The issue with mine was caused by a bent slide lock spring that was not putting enough pressure on the slide lock and the lock just slid out the side.

Forutunately, I was able to locate the slide the lock and then bent the spring a little and reinstalled the slide lock. I have fired over 1000 rounds through it since and it has not been a problem.

Did you have a laser installed in yours also?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Marc,

This is more common with the older style Slide Lock Springs which you may or may not have. If you look at an older style spring you will notice the ends are larger and it tapers very narrow in the middle. The newer style is the same width through its entire length. I have not heard of any problems with the newer style ones as of yet.

I'm sure HotRod will be along with pics shortly.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Happened to me long ago with my 26.  Glock had sent out a recall for that spring because they had gotten a bad lot of them or some such, but I had changed address three times since I had bought it.  Anyway a call to Glock got me one shipped in the mail the next day.  Very easy do it yourself install.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

How did you know I had that pic?  

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did you know I had that pic?  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/hotrod9mm/Slide-Lock-Spring.jpg

'

Thanks for all the help guys!

Mine looked like the one on the left. I mangaged to remove most of it but a chuck of it is still in there and my slide stop is gone.

I'll call Glock on Tuesday and get everything straight.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mine looked like the one on the left. I mangaged to remove most of it but a chuck of it is still in there and my slide stop is gone.

Just as I suspected
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just as I suspected

I better check my G17 as well.

Thanks bro!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just as I suspected

I better check my G17 as well.

Thanks bro!

You know Marc, that's the great thing about them Glocks. If shit breaks, they keep working!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Geez Marc, scared me there.  Here I'm thinking it's an awfully haphazard way to get medical help
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Happened earlier this year with my Gen2 G23.  I turned it in and was issued a Gen3 G22 now, which I prefer because of the accessory rail.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Geez Marc, scared me there.  Here I'm thinking it's an awfully haphazard way to get medical help

I'd be in deep trouble if that were the case!

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered the replacement parts from Glockmeister today but I haven't been able to find any links that provide instructions for replacing them. I know its simple but the forward part of the spring is broken off and still in the frame and I can't get the damn thing out.

Scratch that.

Not 30 seconds after I posted that I found a pair of tweezers and popped it right out

I've gotten so used to carrying it I feel nekked without my G19.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:19:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My G19 broke today he

The exact same thing with the exact same gun happened to me about a year ago.  I was shooting my G19 in a 300 round training session.  The slide lock spring broke, the slide lock lever fell out (never found it), and I kept shooting.  Had no idea it was broken until I dry fired and the slide moved forward.  Replaced the parts (about $6 for everything).  This event reinforced my belief about GLOCKs being reliable durable handguns.  I trust my life with them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Guys,

I'm happy to report that my G19 is back up and back on CCW duty!

Thanks for all your help

Have a great New Years Eve!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top