Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 8:55:15 PM EDT
Do these mags exist ?  Will Mec-Gar ever market mags for the 220 or 229 ?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Topgun Supply

Great website for Factory marked mags, but my question is, why doesn't Mec-Gar market Sig 229 Mags under thir own name ?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Topgun Supply

Great website for Factory marked mags, but my question is, why doesn't Mec-Gar market Sig 229 Mags under thir own name ?

Good question. I have several Mec-Gar 17 round mags for my 226.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't specifically asked this question, but here is what I blieve to be the reason.

Mec-Gar makes OEM Magazines for Sigarms. I believe they are contractually bound to not sell any magazines that are identical (except for markings) to Sig factory magazines, to anybody other thn Sigarms. The P226 17 round and P228 15 round magazines have Mec-Gar patented followers allowing the additional rounds thereby skirting the Sig agreement.

Tom
Top Gun Supply
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I haven't specifically asked this question, but here is what I blieve to be the reason.

Mec-Gar makes OEM Magazines for Sigarms. I believe they are contractually bound to not sell any magazines that are identical (except for markings) to Sig factory magazines, to anybody other thn Sigarms. The P226 17 round and P228 15 round magazines have Mec-Gar patented followers allowing the additional rounds thereby skirting the Sig agreement.

Tom
Top Gun Supply

That's some good info Tom.  So why doesn't Mec-Gar sell 15rd 229 Mags just like the 226 9mm ?  Again , thanks Tom.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess they would have to develope a new follower and for some reason they either don't feel the need to do it or Sig won't let them. I do know Sig takes these agreements very seriously.

Tom
Top Gun Supply
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
A few months ago, I purchased 5 P226 and 5 P229 mags from CDNN for
$200 + shipping.  These magazines were supposedly used LEO mags but all
appear to be brand new.  I remember that new Sig P229 Clinton(10 round) mags
sold for $40 back in the late nineties.  I didn't know about CDNN then.

Great Price and fast shipping.  CDNN is good company to do business with!

My $0.02 worth,

Spambo
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Topgun Supply

+1

Tom's a good guy and offers great service/price!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top