Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:48:01 AM EDT
1936 K luger in pristine condition  & a Broomhandle in the same shape.  85 six digit sn range.

Values ?? Ballpark?

I have them listed on gunbroker & they seem to have some interest.  I have little knowledge of these guns & hate to let them go to cheap.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics, or send me a link to auction.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Listing #'s are 145147190  & 145152333

No clue how to link.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking from experience you will never realize your asking price with those pictures. Especially with the Luger. From what I can discern the Luger looks to be in good condition, but am puzzled as to why you call it a "K"? A 1934 is a K and a 35 is a G. As for the Broom, looks like it is a refinish. The blue is too dark, like it's been hot blued. This gun should be rust blued and have a lighter grayish shade to it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Just going by what is stamped on the gun.  It is a 1936 date of manufacture (the luger).  

Not sure about the refinish.  Both guns were brought back from ww2, stuck in a crate & taken out to be cleaned once a year.  I was offered $1200 for the luger at a local shop & $2500 for the mauser, hence the high asking price. I'm getting e-mails constantly about both guns so who knows. Like I said, I know 0 about these types of guns.  If they don't go, I will lower the price.   I  just didn't want to give them away as they are being sold for my aunt.  (wants to build a memorial garden w/ the proceeds for my uncle & her father.)

I'm not doubting they were refinished,  just that they weren't refinished here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I would agree the broom looks like a refinish, or its just in that great of shape. Is there any markings on the stock that would authenticat it as the real deal and not an import copy? Also, is the broom grip longer than the frame towards the bottom? This is a common area that you will see replacement grips stick out.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope, the stock fit is perfect.  

None of the folks that had access to this since it's return were gun people. They did hit it w/ an oily rag but thats about it.   No interest In refinishing.  My aunts says her father never messed w/ them either after he returned.  My uncle kept up w/ the cleaning until his death two years ago.

If it is a refinish, pretty sure it had to be done overseas.   Woul the bluing on the action be a different shade for any reason.   Have to look again but I think it is a different shade  if that offers any clue.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:58:19 AM EDT
[#7]
What I failed to get across is that bigger more detailed photo's will do more to get you a higher price for these guns than anything. People who can get a good accurate feel for the actual condition of a collectible gun will shell out more for it. Whenever I sell an expensive gun I have a minimum of 10 pictures that are very detailed. Your photo's are so small I cannot really pick up on the true colors.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nope, the stock fit is perfect.  

None of the folks that had access to this since it's return were gun people. They did hit it w/ an oily rag but thats about it.   No interest In refinishing.  My aunts says her father never messed w/ them either after he returned.  My uncle kept up w/ the cleaning until his death two years ago.

If it is a refinish, pretty sure it had to be done overseas.   Woul the bluing on the action be a different shade for any reason.   Have to look again but I think it is a different shade  if that offers any clue.

Some small parts like the trigger should be "fire blue". A brighter color then the frame. Take a magnifiying glass and look at the corners of the any of the stampings. If they are weak or look rounded it's a good chance it's been refinished.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Fire blue also be called nitre blue???  If so, all small parts are this color.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top