Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2003 7:01:49 PM EDT
I have not seen one of these in person. Does anyone here have any experience with it? Are they nice? They don't seem to cost alot...
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 9:53:22 PM EDT
I looked at them at the gun show last weekend. They didn't feel/balance right for me. The slide was too wide for the size gun, IMO.

They seem to be a good quality gun, certainly no H&K though. But they aren't H&K prices either.

One of my bosses bought one w/o shooting one before. He says it's ok, nothing spectacular.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:36:31 PM EDT
Aren't they made by sig?
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:39:54 AM EDT
They are made by Mauser, marketed by SiG.

Those that have them seem to love them. Big negatives I've heard about are that the grip feels blocky (but if it feels right to you then that's moot) and the location of the safety.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:56:55 AM EDT
My local gun shop has had some for a few years now, but nobody seems to show much interest in them. I also have not seen much feedback on the 'net; the M2 doesn't seem to have many fans. Personally I don't really like the exaggerated hump on the backstrap, and the safety on the rear of the frame doesn't excite me much either.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 8:19:15 AM EDT
In shooting off a rest you can expect 4 to 5" groups at 25 yrds. Never seen it hickup on anything fed to it. It has a glock like trigger without the plastic; all metal. The barrel runs inside a turning lug rail in the lower built like tank. I have come to find it to be a most excellent pistol for close quick shooting but it is not a target pistol. It would be a good choice for a defensive handgun though. Overall I would give it a thumbs up.
Top Top