Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2003 7:36:53 AM EDT
This is from a gun collection, part of an estate with which I am helping a friend.  Basically, I am trying to establish a fair market value for each item.  That whole story is in another thread, if you are interested:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=216974&w=myTopicPop

This pistol is decribed by the owner's family as:

MAUSER-WERKE AG,  Oberbdorf aN, Made in Germany, "Modell HCs" DA, .38 Caliber Automatic Pistol, Blued Finish (In Original Sealed Packaging) Serial #  01-9XXX, Chamber is marked "9mm  KURZ" with "38" immediately below. Distributed by Interarms, Alexandria, VA

My most current copy of the Blue Book places the value of this pistol (Post-WWII/Interarms Import) at $325 for 100% - I don't see how it could rate anything BUT 100%.  As you can see from the pictures below, this Mauser is in the original box with papers - UNFIRED AND STILL SEALED IN THE FACTORY PLASTIC!!!  I would appreciate any advice on how to evaluate/price this firearm fairly.  I would prefer to avoid the hassle and expense of having these firearms professionally appraised, but I would like to be in the right ballpark when I establish the values.

I am thinking at least $325 for this pistol - does that seem fair?

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, I'd start asking at $400 since it's unfired.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Someone else told me these can bring considerably more than "book" value...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top