Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:51:38 AM EDT
I'm gutting my SA milspec, and now I want a match barrel while I'm at it. I'm new to 1911s and don't know whos barrel and bushing I should get?
I was originally going to have just a few parts replaced including the sights. I was told by the pistolsmith to produce some groups so he could fit/machine the sights as close to the POI as possible. But now I want a match barrel... would I have to buy the barrel, send it to him, have it fitted I shoot it, and finally send it back to him to have the rest of the stuff done?  Or are there match barrels out there that don't need to be fitted?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#1]
All parts of the 1911 should be fitted if you're looking for match grade pistol.

If you are just playing with it, you could just drop parts in but you'll end up having problems more certain than not.

You should first shoot the pistol and you may find out that it's already accurate enouph before having a barrel fit.

Then if you want a little more accuracy first try having a bushing fit to the barrel.

But if you must get a new barrel fitted before any of this I'd go with a Kart Barrel and an EGW bushing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top