Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/9/2005 7:42:45 AM EST
A student of mine would like to know if match compensators are available from someone to go on a USP? They have been discontinued from the factory, as far as he can find.
Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:21:29 AM EST
The Match does not use a compensator. It is only a 3/4 pound weight that attaches to the frame rails. HK did make a Qucik-Comp but it was a piece of junk and did not work. It has been discontinued long ago and only collectors of all stuff HK have any interest in it, unless the person is unaware of how ineffectual it was. The weights are still being made but since the Match is no longer imported, the weights are more difficult to get. However, they show up from time to time on e-Bay and HKPRO and usually sell for between $250-$300. Beware buying from overseas because this is a gun part and is subject to the $100 or more law that means you must file a form 6 with the ATFE to legally bring the item into the country.
Also, if you use the match weight you really need to use a 6 inch barrel or barrel extension if you are building a Poor Boy's Match (turning a Tac into a match by adding a barrel extension and weight). Since the weight is open on the top if you use a shorter than 6 inch barrel the muzzle blast will put a fair amount of force down on the weight. Not enough to act as a compensator but enough to damage your frame rails over time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:20:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By guns762:
A student of mine would like to know if match compensators are available from someone to go on a USP? They have been discontinued from the factory, as far as he can find.
Thanks for the help.

It's good enough for Lara Croft......

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:31:40 PM EST
Lara Croft (aka.... Angelina Jolie)......yummy. Oh, the HK USPs are nice too.

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:44:08 PM EST
i see them on ebay from time to time. don't even try to wade through the results for those words on google. all you will find is airsoft dorks trying to act like laura croft.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top