Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2002 6:28:34 AM EDT
Anybody catch the Luger Restoration article in the latest issue of Man At Arms? I thought it was very well written, but really complicated for the beginning collector. Had I read it when I was first starting out, I probably wouldn't have started collecting Lugers! OK, yes I would have! Interested to hear feedback in the next issue. I sincerely do believe that "fakery" is more prevalent in this area of collecting. The best advice in the article, for those of you who haven't read it, was that you can only learn to spot fakes or refinish jobs, from seeing and handling several hundred Lugers. I really believe this to be true, at least in my case. I contend that if you can't see the gun in person, get an ironclad written guarantee that the gun is EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED BY THE SELLER. Don't ever take someone's word for it, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE. Some big dealers use their layaway policy to sell guns sight unseen to buyers and then claim no returns, even if the gun isn't as described! Trust no one but yourself to be honest!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top