Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 8:56:57 PM EDT
Okay I know there are a few Mak Attackers out there...sound off and tell us some Mak war stories.

Bulgarian Arsenal new production
East German 1962
Russian, adjustable rear sight
Chinese

I love all my poor ex-commie orphans. Dirt cheap (or at least they were a year ago). Shoots great, surprisingly accurate, the true AK of the pistol world IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Bulgarian Makarov about 2 years ago.  Saw them advertised in Gun List and didn't know the first thing about these pistols.  Looked up the 9x18 cartridge in a reloading manual and when I learned it was in between a 380 & a 9mm I figured it would make a decent carry/plinker gun, especially for the low price.  I ordered one through a local FFL not really expecting much gun for $150.00.  When it came in and I saw it I was plesantly surprised.  When I finished shooting it the first time I called my FFL dealer and ordered another one.  That little pistol blew me away!  Accurate, good quality, doesn't jam, cheap to shoot, perfect size for my smallish hands, ample powered cartridge.  Without a doubt it's my favorite pistol to shoot out of several others I have.  This gun is a must have for anyone that enjoys shooting, especially now that they can be had for around $110.00.  A couple of my buddies kinda made fun of the little commie gun (before they shot it).  When I brought home a 75 pound wild pig I shot with it, they ordered one too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2001 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Mods!

How about giving the Makarov it's own forum???

(2 EGs and a Russian - for the money they're some of the best hardware available)
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Must have makarov forum! how about a russian gun forum if makarov isn't good enough for yah?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the Arsenal maks(love the squared trigger guard on them).  I modified mine with a key ring mag release and new grips among other things.  It is one of my favorite firearms to shoot.  Mine never jams the ammo is cheap and it's comfortable to shoot.  Everyone I've allowed to shoot it likes the gun.  I think one or two friends are planning on buying one.  I'm thinking of buying another.

I too would like a Mak Forum here.  Don't forget about the forum over at www.makarov.com.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#5]
where did you get the mak for $150.00?
I am looking to buy a Makarov, HELP !!
I want to buy one in 9x18 and good-excellent condition. I want to know the specs on them (weight and dimensions) and what you all think about them. I hear tons of bad and ood on them. ALSO, can someone help me find one in the country for the best price?? (let me know where you got yours and for how much) What is the best country of manufacture? THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE INFO GUYS !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top