Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2013 3:05:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 3:36:39 PM EST by LARRYG]
I ordered my P6 from Wideners. It comes with 2 mags but I can't find any P6 mags at the places I normally shop.

I do see a P225 8 round, single stack.

Is that the same mag?

Will it work in the P6?

ETA: J&G Sales has them listed as mags for the police/military P6 or the commercial P225.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:44:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 3:45:26 PM EST by Tigers1363]
Yes same mags for the 225 and P6.

Greg Cote is a great source for Sig mags. Great guy to work with too.

ETA: Aim Surplus used to get used P6 mags in and priced great, but haven't seen them there in a while.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 3:56:46 PM EST
Get your email address on the notification list for AIM if you can.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:11:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 4:12:54 PM EST by LARRYG]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DevilPig:
Get your email address on the notification list for AIM if you can.
View Quote

I am on their list as well as Midway and Wideners.

I just ordered 4 from J&G.

They are used, but they say VG condition. $24.95.

It has been a looooonnnnnngggggg time since I ordered from them, but what I did order was always good to go.

CDNN has them for $35.00 new if these don't work out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:42:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By LARRYG:

It has been a looooonnnnnngggggg time since I ordered from them, but what I did order was always good to go.

View Quote

Both of those prices are good compared to what people were asking a few years ago.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:53:16 PM EST
I just hope that I actually am getting the P6. I am a little worried now after another fellow posted they were out when he ordered yesterday.

The gal I talked to yesterday said it would be a week before they shipped and, because of the week delay, I asked her point blank if I had one or not.

She quite adamantly assured me I had one coming.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:02:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/17/2013 5:03:06 PM EST by DevilPig]
I just hope that I actually am getting the P6. I am a little worried now after another fellow posted they were out when he ordered yesterday.

The gal I talked to yesterday said it would be a week before they shipped and, because of the week delay, I asked her point blank if I had one or not.

She quite adamantly assured me I had one coming.
View Quote

Mine is from 1980. FANTASTIC gun. I'm not sure I've ever felt a pistol that fit better in the hand. DA pull is pretty heavy but that's really the only bad thing I have to say about it.

And as always, hope you are doing well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:08:46 PM EST
Mine is from 1980. FANTASTIC gun. I'm not sure I've ever felt a pistol that fit better in the hand. DA pull is pretty heavy but that's really the only bad thing I have to say about it.

And as always, hope you are doing well.
View Quote

Doin' okay.

I have never handled a P6.

Single stack P228?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:10:23 PM EST
Doin' okay.

I have never handled a P6.

Single stack P228?
View Quote

Basically, yes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:14:11 PM EST
Basically, yes.
View Quote

Cool. I have 2 of those (1 new and unfired and stashed) so that gives me an idea what to expect, size-wise.

Would the barrels interchange?

I ask because I have a P228/P229 threaded barrel for my suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:20:52 PM EST

Cool. I have 2 of those (1 new and unfired and stashed) so that gives me an idea what to expect, size-wise.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Basically, yes.

I don't believe so. The best explanation I've seen of the P6/P225 is that it's like a "commander" sized 220.

There are, however, some places that make threaded barrels for them. Last I checked bar-sto was the main one. But admittedly I haven't checked lately.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:24:14 PM EST

I don't believe so. The best explanation I've seen of the P6/P225 is that it's like a "commander" sized 220.

There are, however, some places that make threaded barrels for them. Last I checked bar-sto was the main one. But admittedly I haven't checked lately.
View All Quotes
Basically, yes.

Eh, it was just a thought. I already have barrels for my P226 and P228 for my EVO 9 and barrels for my P220 and 1911 for my EVO 45.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:26:46 PM EST
There's a lot of info on the sig forum that far surpasses my knowledge. One thing to remember is that if it has the older style barrel, it may not have the wide feed ramp and may be finicky with hollow points.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:34:56 PM EST
There's a lot of info on the sig forum that far surpasses my knowledge. One thing to remember is that if it has the older style barrel, it may not have the wide feed ramp and may be finicky with hollow points.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:48:31 PM EST
top gun supply usually has them
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 6:09:04 PM EST
Wideners actually has these in stock, but it's hidden under their lousy menu system. Look in magazines, then surplus mags. $26/$25 each depending on quantity.

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000480&dir=625|629
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 3:05:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By tax_monster:
Wideners actually has these in stock, but it's hidden under their lousy menu system. Look in magazines, then surplus mags. $26/$25 each depending on quantity.

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000480&dir=625|629
View Quote

I did look there but didn't find them. I would have been glad to order them at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:36:22 AM EST
Yep. If it's an early year import there's a good chance it won't have the upgraded feed ramp to reliably feed hollowpoints. This change was supposed to be in like 1984 or something like that.

The P6 is the "police and military" model of a P225.

The curl on the back of the hammer was requested by the West German police armorers supposedly to tell whether the weapon was ever dropped on it's hammer. Why this is I don't really know.

And it is very much like a smaller version of its big brother P220.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:57:26 PM EST

Both of those prices are good compared to what people were asking a few years ago.
View All Quotes

Got them in today. They are in great condition. P6 should be at dealer tomorrow. Hopefully, I get to function test them all this weekend.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:04:19 PM EST

Got them in today. They are in great condition. P6 should be at dealer tomorrow. Hopefully, I get to function test them all this weekend.

View All Quotes

You're gonna like it!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:06:16 PM EST

You're gonna like it!
View All Quotes

You're gonna like it!

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:33:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/25/2013 8:35:11 PM EST by Robby9]

View All Quotes

You're gonna like it!

Rmove the heavy hammer spring and replace it with a standard weight spring and you'll LOVE it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 2:24:41 PM EST

You're gonna like it!
View Quote

I just got it. Havent’ had a chance to shoot it yet, but dry firing it shows the trigger to be very smooth and not too heavy on DA and SA is sweet. Good bit of holster wear but the internals are great and it probably hasn't seen many rounds.

Came in a very old Sig box. I am not sure what the sticker is but was something in Nov of 11. A name, Muller (how do you get that dot above the U with a keyboard?) was handwritten on the box, probably who it was issued to.

Came with a brand new black leather holster (good quality, maybe not premium, but not bad at all), a single mag pouch form fitted for these mags, and 2 mags marked P6, not P225.

The ones I got from J&G were marked P6 as well.

Could not get a real good picture of the inside of the barrel but it is pristine as can be:

With my P228s. The one on lower right is NIB, not one round other than factory test firing:

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 4:32:06 PM EST
Nice! Looks good. You will enjoy it I'm sure. Is there a date on the slide? And those pancake holsters are really nice....I still use it for mine.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:05:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/27/2013 5:17:29 PM EST by LARRYG]
Nice! Looks good. You will enjoy it I'm sure. Is there a date on the slide? And those pancake holsters are really nice....I still use it for mine.
View Quote

4/79.

Original slide and barrel.

That holster also fits the P228.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 5:15:00 PM EST
Nice! I have a 9/80

I dropped a 239 hammer spring into it and it significantly improved the trigger. Installing the spring is a significantly bigger PITA than the newer style classic Sigs.
Top Top