Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 9:32:31 AM EDT
I'm sure ya'll know this, but really they just totaly pissed me off. It may seem like a little thing to some people, but damn a simple question doesn't need but a simple responce. I emailed them asking about a parts source for th baby eagle. What do I get back, we need to know the cal, model, and of all things the serial number. I'm sorry but I just need to know who sells parts, the cal is not important at all, either is a model number, and they damn for sure don't need the serial number to tell me who sells parts for the gun. WTF is up with that.

Hell I called Wolff Springs to see if maybe they knew if the EAA/CZ springs they sell work in the baby eagle too, lady that asnwers the phone says I wouldn't know I don't have a baby eagle. Didn't ask if she owned one, just asked if their parts were compatable....... oh the fun. I think I'll just contact IMI directly and see what they say......

Ok just got off the phone with magnum research. Gee this time they didn't need the serial number what do you know. I did give them the cal though because I wanted to know if they carried parts since they are not listed on the website.

Just for anyone that might want to know. These are for the fullsize baby eagle in 9mm- Recoil spring $3.00, Extractor spring $3.00 exctactor is $24.00. Don't bother asking about a fireing pin and spring, they said they have to do the install so they can do a safety check on the decocker???

I actually find that to be bullshit. I've taken my fireing pin out plenty of times for cleaning, and never had a single fucking problem with my safety/decocker, nota one. By the way they charge you $35.00 for  labor on puting in a new fireing pin and spring, a job that literaly takes 1 min max. Oh and than $25 bucks to ship the gun back to you. I'm sorry but if I have[/] to send the gun to you to have a new fireing pin put in, and have no other choice, why the fuck should I have to pay the shipping both fucking ways?

He also wasn't sure if the Wlff extra power springs for the EAA or the CZ would work, only way to know would be to try it out. I think I will. I'll report back and let ya'll know.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear ya ! Not too long ago, I emailed MR for a parts list and schematic breakdown of the BE and this is their response " We don't have a parts list, you'll have to contact our gunsmiths ".DUH ! Who are their gunsmiths, there's no listing nor numbers on the reply. They only thing they are good for are mags and grips. Great gun, lousy representation and CS.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I hear ya ! Not too long ago, I emailed MR for a parts list and schematic breakdown of the BE and this is their response " We don't have a parts list, you'll have to contact our gunsmiths ".DUH ! Who are their gunsmiths, there's no listing nor numbers on the reply. They only thing they are good for are mags and grips. Great gun, lousy representation and CS.

There not good for shir on mags, they had 15rd mags lited at $35.00+ i think it may have been $40 ish even. i can get them at CDNN for half what MR wants them for.

I did however in my little search
these, and they do two other color combos. And  (hope this goes to the right page)these (second to last from the bottom of the page)

Also looks like the EAA Witness fireing pin is the exact same as the Baby Eagle FP.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There not good for shir on mags, they had 15rd mags lited at $35.00+ i think it may have been $40 ish even. i can get them at CDNN for half what MR wants them for.

I did however in my little search
these, and they do two other color combos. And  (hope this goes to the right page)these (second to last from the bottom of the page)

Also looks like the EAA Witness fireing pin is the exact same as the Baby Eagle FP.

Good Info. You are right about the mags , but CDNN mags are 16 rds. (bad for NJ).That is the reason I went with MR . The Hogue Grip made for the BE is excellent.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you know anyone who does work on baby eagles?? I want to see about having a rail added to mine, and some lines up on the front of the slide to match the ones in the rear.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you know anyone who does work on baby eagles?? I want to see about having a rail added to mine, and some lines up on the front of the slide to match the ones in the rear.

Photoman, Sorry I do not know of one. I suppose any competent and reputable gunsmith can do the job.Sooner or later my BE is going to need repairs,so I will have to search for one too. Hope you find one locally.BTH
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

EAA uses a Tanfoglio frame, so its possible the firing pin will work. Be careful though, I dont think the EAA guns use a decocker like the Baby Eagles.

Also, a very skilled gunsmith could probably mill out the slots for the rail, but it might require some welding on the inside of the frame to create enough metal.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EAA uses a Tanfoglio frame, so its possible the firing pin will work. Be careful though, I dont think the EAA guns use a decocker like the Baby Eagles.

Also, a very skilled gunsmith could probably mill out the slots for the rail, but it might require some welding on the inside of the frame to create enough metal.

Got to check out the fireing pins side by side this weekend, exactly the same from what I can tell visualy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got to check out the fireing pins side by side this weekend, exactly the same from what I can tell visualy.

Awesome! EAA sure is alot more plentiful (still not awesome) in their spare parts. :]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top